Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm this picture of the convertible? It could be a photoshop, but i'm not sure....thanks

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
That picture is computer enhanced; look at the copyright info.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I might have thought, but if you look up Brenda Priddy & Company, they produce a lot of spy photos about new cars. Some that major magazines use.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
either way that looks ugly!
i like my four door hardtop..a coupe version would be sweet but i dunno how itwould look with a soft top convertible

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Originally posted by scoot557:
Can anyone confirm this picture of the convertible? It could be a photoshop, but i'm not sure....thanks

Look at the driver, he is fake!!!

Now lets see, the Coupe looked sweet, that silver one, Conv i dont like!

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
not real... not even close

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also found this picture of the supposed coupe.....comments?

That is a computer enhanced photo also...There was a site posted in about 5 other topics similar to this, which stated that it was computer enhanced. Perhaps someone may recall this link, or find the post regarding the "supposed coupe"

·
Registered
376 Posts
Here's the info I know. The 2 Dr. coupe is being made, i know someone within lexus that has seen actual pictures of it. the Convertible version he says is "rumored" to be coming out. From what this person says, look for the 2dr version for 2003... No word on the convertible though..

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
Originally posted by cruznis300:
Here's the info I know. The 2 Dr. coupe is being made, i know someone within lexus that has seen actual pictures of it. the Convertible version he says is "rumored" to be coming out. From what this person says, look for the 2dr version for 2003... No word on the convertible though..
Great news, maybe we'll have a coupe by this time next year, as an ealy '03 model. Can your esteemed source confirm dealer arrival dates for the 02's?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, here's is what I know to be true: my dad is the manager of lexus of watertown, ma. he has told me, that the coupe should have a release date of summer next year, possibly a cabriolet as another option, but that might be another year in the making....

side note: hey guys, should i wait for the 5spd, this is what i heard about it: 18" avail. rims, all leather and navigation(gotta have the armrest too)....i like all the options, but i want the IS now, and i like the options it comes with currently(even if its without the manual tranny)

thanks

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: scoot557 ]

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
ok, here's is what I know to be true: my dad is the manager of lexus of watertown, ma. he has told me, that the coupe should have a release date of summer next year, possibly a cabriolet as another option, but that might be another year in the making....

side note: hey guys, should i wait for the 5spd, this is what i heard about it: 18" avail. rims, all leather and navigation(gotta have the armrest too)....i like all the options, but i want the IS now, and i like the options it comes with currently(even if its without the manual tranny)

thanks

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: scoot557 ]
Here's how I see it, not that price is an issue for ya, but if so... you'll likely be able to get an '02 near dealer invoice. Right? So I'd say you have to wait it out just another few weeks or so and get the manual--nav--IS3 dream
By the way, does your dad say when he's been told he'll have an '02 for sale?

Also, Damn that coupe looks hot, maybe I'll wait until next summer

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: Michael ]

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: Michael ]

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The deal with the '02, as far as he has heard, the manual tranny will be available sometime in August, he isn't sure of the exact date yet...comes with a sportier suspension, 18" rims (optional), and u can get the nav system, and all the goodies, etc. i think im gonna wait...its worth it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts