Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW 325xi.. i just got a price from carsdirect.com for 31~32K. no auto, no leather, but everything else. use 08034 if you don't believe me. For a 4 wheel system that's pretty sweet.. maybe i'll scarfice HP for all wheel. just got back form Cali. still bmw country out there.. didn't see the is300 at all... if it wasn't for the relizbility issue, i'll sure go for that bmw.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Yes that is a relatively good deal, but if all wheel drive is what you're looking for, then you can bargin down a nicely loaded Audi A4 2.8 Quattro (with Bose, sunroof, heated seats, etc) for about the same price. An IS300 would run circles around an Automatic 325iX (but not in the snow though).
Eric....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
You were in California and you didn't see any IS? I am seeing at least 2 or 3 everyday now, and today I saw two within 5 miles of each other.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Originally posted by Pimpee:
BMW 325xi.. i just got a price from carsdirect.com for 31~32K. no auto, no leather, but everything else. use 08034 if you don't believe me. For a 4 wheel system that's pretty sweet.. maybe i'll scarfice HP for all wheel. just got back form Cali. still bmw country out there.. didn't see the is300 at all... if it wasn't for the relizbility issue, i'll sure go for that bmw.

You can get a fully loaded A4 2.8 Quattro for that price.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i didn't think BMW was still making the 325 (or 328 for that matter). i thought the new model was the 330xi.

i should check the web site to be sure, tho.

------------------
IS 300 ???
Not yet, but maybe soon....

1995 Ford Contour Zetec GL -- Modded

http://www.contour.org

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
325 takes the place of the 323. It's being called what it should have been called due to its unchanged displacement. Food for thought on that awd Bimmer: I don't believe the 2.8 Q lost much of anything in terms of power and acceleration because of its awd capability and added weight. Am I wrong? I bet you might lose one tenth of a second (max 2) to sixty and probably nothing to speak of in the quarter.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you haven't seen the xi in person, please do so. Something tells me you'll be in an Audi quicker than you realize...assuming AWD is what you want. They look HORRIBLE. They're raised off the ground a good 2 inches higher than the 2WD, and the wheels seemed to be angled inward slightly. Rims? Don't bother. You might as well throw some wagon wheels on it...it'll look the same.

As always, just my 2 cents. Good luck with your decision...jb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts