Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok its been 3 weeks since i bought my car, i have opened the coin holder 3 times to put change in, here is what i found.

#1 the first time i added change to it, there wasa foul smell of rubber or tar.

#2 a week later same thing, only this is 10X worse, i thought ok ok this is my first brand new car and maybe all of my other cars would have had these problems if i bought them new.

#3 Last night i opened that holder up and it stunk up the whole car, so i put all the change in a zip loc and closed it, today i opened the bag and the change doesn't stink at all.

So its the COIN HOLDER, WTF DO I DO???? GO TO LEXUS AND SAY MY COIN HOLDER STINKS LIKE SH!T, HELP ME OUT??? WTF THIS IS SICK!!

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
301 Posts
dude that is hilarious! sorry, never used the coin holder so I can't offer anything positive. I just thought the whole stench thing is amusing.

Make the service guy smell it!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Umm, I think you are talking about the ashtray (the coinholder is not enclosed, and it's on the drivers left side - 2 of them).

If your ashtray stinks, just take it out and clean it.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
I took a nice phatty dump in it Dave, payback's a real biotch

So which coin holder? the covered thing where the armrest *should* be?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Seriously though, I have a theory on the smell...
To deaden sound in the IS (and all Lexi) they use a "tar paper" on certain body panels that may resonate to kill sound. It's possible that they used some under the coin holder area, and you have an outside air leak around there, or the paper is burning on the exhaust or drive-shaft... I'd take it into the shop NOW, make them fix it, and create a big stink (ha!) so they fix it ASAP and give you free stuff

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK OK the ash tray, but there is no ashes in it, i dont smoke in the is300.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
do you get a similar smell outside, or only inside?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I agree with Soybomb. The sound deadening stuff like Dynamat is composed of a layer of tar. maybe they overdid it and it is heating up somewhere near the exhaust. Hope it gets solved soon

·
Registered
28 Posts
cuzzin you gotta lexis now throw that stinky change out the window

Have you ever held a hanfull of change, and then smelled your hand, its nasty!!

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:

quit dispensing the condoms you used to jack off with in the ashtray you faggot.

this isn't the LOT , GO AWAY B!TCH!~

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
You know what, you are right. When I went out for lunch today, opened that thing up for the hell of it. Never used it before since I don't smoke, and I put change in the holder on the driver's side dash.

Anyways...opened that puppy up, and there was quite a foul smell! Hmm..very interesting! Wonder how to correct this situation. I know I won't be opening that thing up for a while!

·
Registered
38,938 Posts

quit dispensing the condoms you used to jack off with in the ashtray you faggot.
you got the wrong guy john - that's all Thanh with the condoms
lol

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by MYISRULZ:
you got the wrong guy john - that's all Thanh with the condoms
lol
THANH USES THOSE FIGER CONDOMS THOUGH!!!!

MINI THANH IN ACTION IN THE SBM IS300

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
where's the coin holder!? well.. as for the ash tray.. i never open them.. since i don't smoke.. maybe i'll try smelling them today

and who da heck uses condoms when they jack off!?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey you hypocritical bastard, this is not the lot. so YOU GO AWAT B*TCH!
listen up focker, im tired of u.... why dont u go play in the maxima forum or go get a contour and hang out at contour.org please

hehe jk man, i would hate for ur ass to fly away

1 - 17 of 17 Posts