Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so I got parts for my 03 Auto to Manual swap.

The parts came with a clutch pedal meant for the IS300 (supposedly)

I am working off this list Auto to Manual swap: parts, pics, prices, COMPLETED
to see what I'm missing.

After looking it over it seems I may not have the stock clutch pedal. It looks exactly like this

There is no place that I see for the clutch spring and there is no clutch switch, I can work around that, assuming it works.

Does the stock clutch pedal assembly look like this? Will this one work? Any ideas of what I will need? I have what is pictured in the enjukuracing link.

Lastly, it didn't come with the pedal pad (31321-53010). If I order this pad and the manual brake pad can I remove the old ones and simply slip these on? Most people in the forums I see buy a brake pedal with the pad but unless I missed something, the pad is the only difference. (I understand I'll have to cut the brake pedal to fit the smaller M/T brake pad)

Most posts I see simply say to get the manual brake arm, the other sub-assembly it connects to is the same.
Is the only difference the pad size and mount or is the arm bent differently? I only ask because everyone keeps saying I can cut it which I'm fine with but if OEM sits at a different position I'll buy the arm. 170$ is not something I'm looking to spend at this point if I don't have to. (I plan to buy the oem pad tho)

If anyone has any info, much thanks in advance!

*I also just noticed the Enjuku site says not legal for highway in CA, I live in CA, they aren't really going to look at my clutch pedal are they? lol
This is a DD car that I may use for track couple times a year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To follow up it came with the Master, slave, and a line between both, no hardware other then waht was pictured in the link in the original post. It's going to be a W55 swap, I have the W55, driveshaft, manual ECU, manual console, shifter, crossmember, clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel. (plus assorted bolts/hardware from removal)

·
3,361 Posts
It will not have a spot for the switch, etc. It is designed as a perversion from automatic. Basically a raceing setup.

·
Registered
MSM 2005 Lexus IS300 5AT
82 Posts
It is much easier to sell the Xcessive pedal and get an OEM pedal. I have an OEM pedal I can sell you for $150 plus shipping (it will come with an RX8 pedal pad, but you'll have to get the pedal spring and sensors). Most people do away with the pedal spring to improve feel actually. DM me for pics and stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts