Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I hail from Seattle,WA .Since I started reading this site almost 2 months ago I have found this site to be very informative and at times amusing...... But because of all the information availible, I've learned many new things reguarding my new lexus. While visting my Mom in Philly this past Thanksgiving I was able to help her through her first car purchase in over 30 years.(up intill my Dads passing,they always bought American as in Buicks and Olds....)I took Mom to all the dealerships that interested her and I had to admit... of all the cars that we test drove in the 4-door $30-40,000, the only other car that we found to compare with the IS300 was the BMW. The Honda was a close third. We felt that for the money the 300 offered the best value and the most bang for the buck, and of course the performance aspect was also a factor. I guess after all these years Moms need for Speed is still as strong as ever.
Needless to say, Mom bought DWM,black interior and with my insistence the LSD. While the vist with Mom only lasted 10 days the impression the 300 left on me was lingered..... on Dec 2 I purchased my Silver & Black,I was lucky that I found my 300 with all the options and color on my first attempt. The whole experince lasted about 1.5 hours and I was nothing but smiles after that.I'am still amazied at how well the car performs . I'am trying to gather everyone who lives in the NW region and BC to enjoy a gathering after the new year......

I know I'am not the only one who has fallen for the 300 and I think gathering everyone in one place will allow all of us here in the NW a chance to meet and exchange thoughts and ideas about starting a registery and/or a NW IS300 Club.

What does everyone think?

John Sullivan
Seattle,WA
Silver/blk IS300
[email protected]

·
Registered
192 Posts
john...that was a real lonnnnggg post..i did'nt even bother to read it...and still havn't...shorten it up some and maybe some people will respond...hahaha....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by nemesiss:
john...that was a real lonnnnggg post..i did'nt even bother to read it...and still havn't...shorten it up some and maybe some people will respond...hahaha....
Long, maybe, but also worthwhile...your reply on the otherhand: worthless.

John, Next time you're in Philly, let me know through IS300.net and we'll trade some IS stories...

·
11,062 Posts
It'll all depend on the weather. I didn't spring for any winter gear 'cause I plan to be on the bus if it snows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
SeattleSheila
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing