Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning on my way to work the climate control fan switches off, and all the lights on the climate control assembly go out. The outside air temp displays -E, but the clock and clock related buttons work fine.

Hitting the climate control buttons, or turning the dials doesn't do anything, and turning the car off, and back on doesn't fix the issue.

I'm guessing it's either the outside air temp sensor, or the climate control ecu, but after searching, and looking through the DI manual, I can't find any mention of the '-E' so thought I'd post up here and see if anyone else has seen this error.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
The "E" error is a result of a loss of communication or faulty ambient air temperature sensor mounted under the crash bar on the driver side(two wire sensor). Resistance of that sensor is 1600-1800 ohms at 77* and 500-700 ohms at 122*. Since your console shut down and that sensor is part of the AC circuit maybe they are related. Make sure the following fuses are good.

40A Heater
10A A/C
10A ECU-IG
10A radio#2 and 10A MPX-B(but unless you're having radio or door lock issues it probably isn't these two). The 10A ECU-IG is what really powers the unit and the 40A supplies the blower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts