Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to my.is member VP500 for originally posting this DIY, I will update this with new photos with better visibility when I perform this DIY sometime soon.

I just tried helping out another member and figured it would be useful. Sorry for the bad pictures, I did not have enough lighting and my camera is not the best.

I forgot to add this step. This step is very important.
Be sure to clean these items too which are on the MAF sensor as well.

Reactions: VP500 and kayotik

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owe you guys BIG TIME! Had a company car for 3 years so I didn't use the 300 very often, maybe 1000 miles. Started driving again and had trans problems, was told because it sat the belt probaly went bad so I held off getting the work done then 3 months later check engine light came on. Mechanic wanted $300 to fix air flow problem. Remembered the sight and within a day all my problem's were gone. Dirty MAF. 5.99 for can of cleaner and followed your directions. I feel like a kid with a new car. Thanks again and coming back regularly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just cleaned my MAF sensor, along with the throttle body and PCV. They make MAF sensor cleaner just for that and Throttle body cleaner too.

My question is: What does pumping the brakes do? As taking off the negative cable, there is no power any longer. :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I cleaned the MAF and everything else too. Car still acting up. Maybe I should try the battery thing......

·
Registered
13 Posts
I Was doing some hi revs 0-50 mph and lost throttle response, the engine revs high but no power and my intake sounds louder than ever any ideas? Can it be the MAF sensor? Please help!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thanks to my.is member VP500 for originally posting this DIY, I will update this with new photos with better visibility when I perform this DIY sometime soon.
My MAF sensor the little needle is like black and it looks like its burnt, does it need replacement?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I kept cleaning my MAF and it my IS would run better for a little bit and start acting up again. Basically, hesitating to shift but eventually shifting. I ended up buying a new MAF off ebay for $30 (aftermarket). After about 150 miles, bam! The new MAF was read by the ecu and my car runs as good as new now. So for anyone continuously cleaning their MAF and not getting a great result, there ya go!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just cleaned my MAF sensor, along with the throttle body and PCV. They make MAF sensor cleaner just for that and Throttle body cleaner too.

My question is: What does pumping the brakes do? As taking off the negative cable, there is no power any longer.
:confused:
My guess: dissipates any stored electrical charge in the capacitors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts