Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends 2003 is300 has a check engine light after getting his catback, how can he clear it up? code says its running lean

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did your friend install it himself or did he go to a shop? all the sensors should be checked to make shure that they are connected and working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did your friend install it himself or did he go to a shop? all the sensors should be checked to make shure that they are connected and working.
had it installed, i dont see why it should throw a code seeing as how the o2 sensors arent even in the catback portion, he has a cai if that matters with these cars

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Yeah sounds like something went weird with the install. All of the O2 sensors are prior to the cat in the y-pipe.

Was the intake installed at the same time or has he had it on for a while?

·
Registered
45 Posts
do you have access to a scan tool with freeze frame data? what was the short and long term fuel trim numbers?

·
Registered
127 Posts
there are no o2 sensors on cat backs. all o2 sensors are on the ypipe and header.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
na check engine light didnt appear till the catback, so you guys just think its some messed up wiring with an o2 sensor?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Reset the ecu first by unpluging the car from the battery waiting awhile. Plug it back in and see if that solves the problem. If not I cant see why your running lean after just a catback exhaust. Weird. There may be something wrong with one of your air/fuel O2 sensors.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Just get a 02 sim. Looks like thats what im going to have to do, its a much cheaper solution. Whats your code though that will help more?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts