Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
just to double check i need these three items excluding spark plugs for tune up?

Denso Spark Plug Wire Set Part Number: 7546-05169941 Notes: COP Boots -- Coil On Plug Boot Set; Application Also Requires Ignition Wire Set; Original Equipment Replacement Part / Complete COP Boot Set - 3

Denso Spark Plug Wire Set Part Number: 7546-05169881 Notes: Ignition wire -- Ignition Wire Set; Application Also Requires Coil On Plug Boot Set; Original Equipment Replacement Part / Complete Ignition Wire Set - 5mm

Denso Ignition Coil Part Number: 7546-05207001 Notes: Coil on Plug -- DENSO is the OE supplier for this vehicle

please private message me if possible ive been looking at rock auto also probably cheaper there thanks alot i appreciate the help / advice.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I know it's an old thread, but I didn't want to make a new one for this question. I'm replacing my spark plugs and snapped 2 harness tabs off.. they were VERY brittle - I barely touched them.

Anyone have experience or a writeup on putting a new harness plug on these connections? It would be helpful... need to fix this at some point. thx!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the instructions, just changed a set. Also cracked my spark plug wiring guides at the attachment points, I think it will be just fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great DIY step by step, +rep... FYI: for those who want to run the full NGK plugs and wire setup, the part numbers are as follows:

- NGK Wire Set (Made in Japan) - Part #RC-TE79 (B1A5)
- NGK Iridium IX (6 plugs needed) - BXR6EIX-11 (3764)

Be sure to check the underside of the hood for what type of plugs your IS 300 uses. The maintenance shop manager here said if you use the wrong plugs it can cause misfiring and service/check engine lights to come on....

I have found the NGK set run smooth and give it a kick.
I know its an old thread but it has been very helpful for a first time attempt.

I am just wondering if I need the boots with this combo as well. I don't want to go through this process and not replace all of the rubber while I'm in there. I'll deal with the clips if I break them later, but I'd like to have all of the other necessary parts ahead of time.

It appears from the pictures with this combo I just need the plugs and wires though. The help is appreciated, thank you.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts