Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Lexus dealer today to get a replacement bulb for the map light in my wife's IS300. Those suckers wanted $8.60 for a bulb?

I about blew up!

Where does everybody go to get their replacement bulbs? I went to Auto Zone and got two for $2.00.

I know they're probably not the same wattage but, I just couldn't hand the guy $8.60. It's the principle.

The bulb I took out said: LIFE 12V10W.

I was just thinking their might be a board member selling them. I would much rather give my business to them.

Thanks,

John 8)

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
txis said:
Went to the Lexus dealer today to get a replacement bulb for the map light in my wife's IS300. Those suckers wanted $8.60 for a bulb?

I about blew up!

Where does everybody go to get their replacement bulbs? I went to Auto Zone and got two for $2.00.

I know they're probably not the same wattage but, I just couldn't hand the guy $8.60. It's the principle.

I was just thinking their might be a board member selling them. I would much rather give my business to them.

Thanks,

John 8)
dude, you spent 30k+ for a car and $8.60 got you so mad you almost blew up? That's a #3 at McDonalds

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Wxman said:
txis said:

I about blew up!

Thanks,

John 8)
dude, you spent 30k+ for a car and $8.60 got you so mad you almost blew up? That's a #3 at McDonalds
LMAO :lol:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
wow #3's are $8.60 in arkansas? there much cheaper in houston. just messin' dood.

but anyways i've had an autozone maplight in for about 4 months now.... still works great. but i'm not sure how bright the factory one used to be???

·
Dr. JDM
6,678 Posts
i'm very happy with my Raybrig R135(?)

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Wxman said:
txis said:

I about blew up!

Thanks,

John 8)
Damn $8.60!!!! Tht just 1 number 3 at McDonalds? :lol: Over here in New York that's a number 2 and 3. Yeah this is a funny post. To almost blow over a bulb for $8.60 at the dealership, the key word was dealership :lol: Expect to pay premium prices for little nick nacks that should be a couple bucks. You bought a premium vehicle so premium prices aren't far behind

'03 Intensa Blue Pearl
5 Speed
H & R lowering springs(1.5 inch drop all around)
SRT Intake w/ ECU
Teck grounding kit(blue)
more yet to be installed

TURBO.......The Final Frontier

·
Registered
670 Posts
It should have been FREE since your car was under warranty...

Over in Washington, those little things are almost always FREE.....

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
dlee74 said:
It should have been FREE since your car was under warranty...

Over in Washington, those little things are almost always FREE.....

EXACTLY.... THis is a FREE service & KNOWN issue.

Take it back to them & Ask for the bulb to be replaced.

edgy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.