Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The following bulb fitment guide was taken from the sylvania.com automotive lookup feature.

Low beam headlamp

HID-D2R, 4300k color temperature

High beam headlamp

Parking light

Front turn signal
992 (7440A)

Rear turn signal
7507A

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light

Fog/Driving light
9006 (2003+ H3-55w)

License plate

Back up light

Front sidemarker**
168 (2003+ 194)

Rear sidemarker**
168 (2003+ 194)

Glove box

Dome light
DE3175

Step/Courtesy light
DE3021

Trunk/Cargo area

Instrument-general

Map Light
BA9

Additionally, from my.is member 8MYCASH:
Instrument cluster
3 - #194 Wedge Bulbs
2 - #24 Wedge Bulbs

AshTray Light
1 - #2721

Ignition Ring
1 - #74 Wedge Bulb

**sidemarker bulbs (168 and 194) are interchangeable.

Reactions: Coreal07 and CEB

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, you can get just bulbs to replace HID lights, kits are only needed when you switch from regular halogen to HID.

·
Premium Member
14,403 Posts
Anybody know the official map-light size?

Came across this, and thought it might help some people.

REMOVE MAP LIGHT ASSEMBLY
(a) Using a moulding remover or the back of a butter knife, remove the cover like in the illustration.
MAP LIGHT (12v10w) #1816

Reactions: CooCat

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is another list I found on this web site,

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

2001 LEXUS IS300

Low beam headlamp
HID-D2R

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

Parking light
168LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front turn signal
992 (7440A)

Rear turn signal
7507AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style
7507LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Fog/Driving light
9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9006XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9006CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

License plate

Back up light

Front sidemarker

Rear sidemarker

Glove box

Dome light
DE3175

Step/Courtesy light
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp
DE3021

Trunk/Cargo area

Instrument-general

The applications presented in this replacement guide have been compiled using the best information available from the vehicle manufacturers at the time of your search. This guide is intended for general information purposes only, not to be construed as any type of warrantee as to any particular application. For specific applications the vehicle owner's manual should be consulted

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anybody know the official map-light size?
The official map light size is BA9. I replaced all my interior lights with LEDs and that was the size.

I'd argue the ignition ring light is not a #24 bulb, rather a #74 bulb or equivalent. I took pics of the two bulbs as a comparison.
Picasa Web Albums - Xerxes - My IS300
And you are also correct, the ignition ring is a #74 bulb. I also replaced this one with an LED bulb and 74 was the perfect size. 24 is too big. I think that's why some people say you have to file down the ignition light to fit when you don't if you just get size 74.

+rep Xman good observation

·
Registered
140 Posts
Update: Just tried replacing the neowedge type A bulbs in the heated seats yesterday. I purchased the bulbs from autolumination. Unfortunately they were extremely tight installs and was hestitant to force them in. So I'm sticking with the OEM bulbs for now. Has anybody else had fitment issues with the autolumination neowedge type A bulbs?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Update: My map light bulb burned out last night. After reading previous posts, I can also confirm the bulb is a BA9. I've taken pictures and added to my collection online. I won't put the link on again, but look for my previous posts and you'll find it. Removing the map light bulb is annoying. Maybe because I'd rather have somebody do it... Yanking on the frame/cover feels like I'm going to yank the entire map light assembly (frame and body). With a little patience (which I don't have), the frame does pop out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Another update: I ordered a BA9 led from superbrightleds.com and it costs LESS than buying a bulb from Lexus. I just spent $9.13 for a replacement bulb so that I had light. F'n ridiculous. Yeah, I tried just buying a bulb at a local AutoZone, but the bulb is not available. So anybody out there that is forced to replace the map light bulb, don't waste your money buying a replacement if you can wait until your order arrives.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just bought new LED's for all of my car, high intensity blue LED's for the city lights up front from Lextasy, white LED's for the license plate also from Lextasy, three #194 4- star SMT led's, 3 #24 tri-power led's (2 for the gauge cluster, one for the key ring), and a 5 matrix LED bulb for the map light (has anyone used this bulb before or heard anything about it?) from Autolumination.com and the 6 chip LED white dome light bulb HID Kit - Custom Lighting Store and, last but definitely not least, two 15" CCFL white lights to mount in the trunk.

Has anyone used these items? If so, what do you think of them? Everything should be here by the end of the week but I thought I'd just see if anyone had opinions on them.

Thanks fellow IS'ers :p

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just bought new LED's for all of my car, high intensity blue LED's for the city lights up front from Lextasy, white LED's for the license plate also from Lextasy, three #194 4- star SMT led's, 3 #24 tri-power led's (2 for the gauge cluster, one for the key ring), and a 5 matrix LED bulb for the map light (has anyone used this bulb before or heard anything about it?) from Autolumination.com and the 6 chip LED white dome light bulb HID Kit - Custom Lighting Store and, last but definitely not least, two 15" CCFL white lights to mount in the trunk.

Has anyone used these items? If so, what do you think of them? Everything should be here by the end of the week but I thought I'd just see if anyone had opinions on them.

Thanks fellow IS'ers :p
You've ordered the wrong size for the key ring. It's a #74 bulb, not #24. If you get it to fit, good for you. Otherwise, I suggest getting the #74. I just got the BA9-WHP6 bulb for the map light from Superbrightleds.com. Haven't tried other bulbs from autolumination yet, but I already have to replace one of the neowedge type B bulbs in my climate control.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You've ordered the wrong size for the key ring. It's a #74 bulb, not #24. If you get it to fit, good for you. Otherwise, I suggest getting the #74. I just got the BA9-WHP6 bulb for the map light from Superbrightleds.com. Haven't tried other bulbs from autolumination yet, but I already have to replace one of the neowedge type B bulbs in my climate control.
Really? I was following the guide and parts list from the "How-to: Change your Main Gauge Cluster & Ignition Ring lights (LEDs) *pics*"

It said the part needed for the ignition ring is: 1x Tri-Power 3 LED Bulb (these are the #24 leds)
Autolumination Instrument Panel Light Bulbs & Lamps)

It's already in the mail and should hopefully be here along with my other packages tomorrow. If it does or doesn't work I'll post back up after install. I'm going to be taking pictures of the before and after. Does anyone want me to post it up? If so, what forum or section into? (Sorry about being a noobsauce haha) Thanks guys.

·
Registered
23 Posts
aghh

I've been trying to replace my stock HIDs with either 8000k or 6000k HIDs, but my friend said that I have to buy the whole conversion kit. Also, can you put different bulbs in the low beams ( instead of D2R, use 9005 or 9006??) ? :confused:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Longnights, you mention that 194 is the size for "Instrument - General." Does "Instrument - General" refer to the lights that are on the Trac Off and Heated Seat buttons? A couple of mine went out...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.