Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
got my head built last week will install it next month, it's my daily so wanna stick to NA, hand ported polished ports plus runners, over size BC valves titanium retainers springs and 2ZZ shimless buckets , 264 BC cams 1UZ TB, hopefully will crank it on factory ECU then install/tune Haltech 500
some parts are overkill just for peace of mind then move on to next stage, either FI or ITBs along manual conversion (seriously considering J160).
it will be interesting to follow your build (y)

·
Registered
2002 Lexus Is300
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's sounds awesome man! Some might be over kill but it will help ensure reliability to the build at the very least. And forsure man!
got my head built last week will install it next month, it's my daily so wanna stick to NA, hand ported polished ports plus runners, over size BC valves titanium retainers springs and 2ZZ shimless buckets , 264 BC cams 1UZ TB, hopefully will crank it on factory ECU then install/tune Haltech 500
some parts are overkill just for peace of mind then move on to next stage, either FI or ITBs along manual conversion (seriously considering J160).
it will be interesting to follow your build (y)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
... along manual conversion (seriously considering J160).
You should do some more reading up before taking that leap, the J160 wont handle the torque. The Altezza guys over here run into issues when the turbo the 3SGE manuals, 1st thing they find is the rods are issues in the engine like the 2J-GE and bend as soon as the get boost over about 6-7psi, the 2nd is the J160 cant handle the torque generated from going boosted especially if you man handle them dumping the clutch of the line.

From what i understand they are a great for small engine high revving engines (also used on the s2000 i believe), but like anything you need to recognize the limitations.

·
Registered
93 Posts
don't mean to threadjack, J160 goes with NA for smooth shifts plus it's cheaper to source, if boosted definitely will go different route (T56 probably), either way, I have H beam rods waiting for both setups, ITBs or FI

21 - 26 of 26 Posts