Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
tell them your just as eager to get a new isf. Tell them you want to test drive one then you will talk with them about trading in your sd is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Damn I feel like a straight baller having picked up a 03 Sport Design Black Leather 5 Speed..... $9999 :jawDrop:
ballin!

I have an '04 IS300 Sport Design, 88k miles, Thunder Cloud Metallic paint, and about $400 in paint damage. Looking at KBB, the trade-in value is $11,355 for Good condition, and the dealer offered me $10,500 in trade-in? Isn't the '04 Sport Design have a few different options that no other sport design has, and could I really get more in Canada or should I wait for the right buyer? Lexus has been pretty eager for me to trade it in for the last 16 months...
$10,500 is a damn good price considering my '03 IS300 is completely stock and has been taken care of by a Lexus dealership. My car was appraised for $5xxx and $7xxx by Infiniti and Audi respectively...:suspiciou

·
Registered
715 Posts
This topic somewhat came up today in an earlier thread. I said that the IS300 may 20-30 years from now increase in value maybe like the Supra has done, especially the 5 speed IS300s due to the rarity, who knows. If not, I think a straight, well taken care of IS300 will at least hold its value over time with more and more being harder to find.

BTW, I was 17 when I got my first IS300 (black 2002 manual) I prized that car and unlike other crazy teenagers (lol) I took extremely good care of it. I sold it January 2010 with 126k miles for $11,500 and the kbb value on it was about $7350...

·
Registered
70 Posts
KBB is just guideline estimates. sometimes it is way off.
i think right now all pricing is inflated due to crazy buyers from Kazaks, who were buying anything they can get to in last year or so. all car auction prices were so high, when i was looking for IS that it even did not make any sense. now it will start dropping since the import laws went to affect july 1st. and now if you want to import car to Kazakshtan or Belarus, you got to pay the import tax, which is $17.700 per car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a 2004 IS300 Sports Cross off the showroom floor and it now has approximately 48,000 miles. I'm also curious if they are appreciating and if, given that there were less SC models made, if that would cause greater appreciation?

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
2,069 Posts
I bought a 2004 IS300 Sports Cross off the showroom floor and it now has approximately 48,000 miles. I'm also curious if they are appreciating and if, given that there were less SC models made, if that would cause greater appreciation?
1000% appreciating. Around my area SC are being listed for 10-15k with 100k miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats the problem. An IS3 is no big deal, not many people want one specifically, as we would like to think. It's just not there. Doesn't mean someone won't come along who will give you 10k for it, but for everyone that will, there will be 10 that won't. All this being said good luck with your sale dude.
I know this is an old post! But you're out of your mind. People go Bonkers when they see my IS300! The car gets tons of attention and the prices sky rocket out here in the South East.
They're a loved and hoghely respected car! That carries the heart of the iconic legend the Supra.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,069 Posts
I know this is an old post! But you're out of your mind. People go Bonkers when they see my IS300! The car gets tons of attention and the prices sky rocket out here in the South East.
They're a loved and hoghely respected car! That carries the heart of the iconic legend the Supra.
"Old" is an understatement. The post is over a decade old. A lot has happened in the past 10+ years. Prices of this and all cars have indeed skyrocketed in the past year or two. Sounds like you've got a good car that fits you well, enjoy :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts