Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my IS with me to Florida. All in all the ride was very comfortable. We took a few stops to gas up and switch drivers. I couldnt sleep knowing someone else was driving my beloved car so I had bags the size of my luggage. I made it down to South Carolina and there I stopped and got an hours rest. I was beat. I saw one silver IS in Jersey getting gas and from there I saw no more....??? The sleeping position was not bad very comfortable (like a craftmatic bed), on continued my journey. We stopped once more to get some breakfast and headed deeper south. The a/c on was workin great but damn the rain that wouldnt stop. Again no IS300's. It got me thinking where in the hell do all my IS300.net members be at? Most likely sleeping at 6am. After I got into Florida I finally saw 4 IS300's. All in St. Petersburg. One silver one, a Solar Yellow one with some smoked out tints at a mini mall in front of a furniture store and someone who lives at my brothers complex, the Bel-Air houses if your out there. It was a Auburn colored IS with a spoiler. It was a rare sighting for me because its a rare color. The car looked real nice though. So I finally made it to Florida from NY in 18hrs. I got 365 miles to the tank, averaging 21.4 miles to the gallon and 5.1 million bugs per 20 minutes of driving. Which makes about 275 million bugs on my car at the end of my trip. Not to mention the mud and road grime deposits. My advice is take the IS on loooooooooooooooooooooong ride and kill some bugs!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I made a trip from Atlanta to Gainesville, Orlando, Melbourne, and around those areas a couple weekend ago. We put on 1400 miles, and I can't agree with you more about the bugs. The love bug season is upon them. We went through a spot on 75 through Gainesville where there were so many lovebugs, the dead ones covered the road like black snow and after a 3 mile strip of them, they finally ended. I had to stop at a gas station so I could see clearly out of my windshield. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you they sounded like heavy rain hitting the windshield. Took a good pressure washing to get them off the bumper, although the came off the xpel easily. I love that clear bra.

Didn't see any IS on the way, although saw an LS430 and GS430.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Triz... See why I wanna get a CarBra for long road trips?
Imangine me trying to scrub my yellow clean of splattered baked on bugs!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip. I need to get a car bra myself because I drive a lot. NYC, DC, Rochester, Toronto, all over the place and a lot of bugs. Good the hear the IS performed well on such a long run.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Triz.. you posted on tamparacing.com. Nice to have ya in town. I don't have an IS300, but I'm sure you'll see plenty while you're in town

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah someone from thepike.net let me know about it. Ill be around Friday night most likely to catch some races. If you see me say hello.

[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: triz ]

·
Registered
345 Posts
Here's some quick advice. Get a roll of Saran Wrap and pull off a length to cover up the front bumper area. It'll cling real well. Now after going through the bugs just peel off the Saran Wrap and it's all clean underneath. Be careful covering up the grille area - may overheat!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Triz,
Your gas milage sucks. Last time I drove from Birmingham to Orlando I average 25MPG and that was with 3 people in the car, a trunk full of stuff and averaging 75+ MPH.
Where you hauling arse or what?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
SilverLex
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing