Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... heres the story. one time i was with my buddy and we got pulled over in his mod'd out evo from jasper the first day he got it back... he wasnt driving hard and he still got pulled.... cop pulled us aside and he got it towed because it was over mod'd the cop said... we had to walk home... he had to get his car out of some lot and he had o take it to the station for an inspection... he took everything out when he got to the station they just asked him if he took everything out and they gave him the ok without checkin his ride out LOL...

but n e ways.... im just kinda curious of what im lookin forward to when i get my car fixed up. IS3 only has a few minor upgrades... in-dash tint rims smoked lights... kept it basic just cuz i didnt want to get hassled by cops. this morning im driving my girlfriend to work and i get pulled over for tint. now i thought its cool to have tint on your front window as long as your visible to the cop. well i got the fix it ticket because he said you cant have ANY tint in your front window..im in so cal so i dont know if that makes a difference or not... but i plan on starting the engine mods soon and if im getting pulled over for tint im just kinda curious to see what ill get pulled over for later when its turboed ya know? im kinda curious to see how much hassle some of you guys get. i mean some of you guys got large turbos loud exhaust n what not... i know if you drive chill the cop usually wont pay you much attention...

what have you guys been through?

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Just keep it stock. IS300's are getting profiled anyway. Also try to dress and look older and maybe that will help.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've noticed im getting a lot more attention from cops. Im a 17 y/o kid who looks like 15. I got pulled over the first night I had it for "looking like I was racing" and the officer immediately asked me how old I was and who's car it was... it's really frustrating when officers stereotype my age group into trouble makers. Heavily tinted windows always give the impression of a shady driver.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think anytime you start modding the car w/ things like loud stereo, exhaust, aftermarket lights and rims etc... You're gonna get lumped into the category of "Ricer". Being young doesn't help either, and being in a Lexus to boot. Some cops will think your some rich bitch momma's boy. I'm 29 now. I've had civics in the past, and they were not riced out. I never got so many dirty looks from cops, and pulled over for dumb shit. My previous car before my IS was a camry. I was invisible in that thing! Drove 100 mph and hardly got a look!

Good Luck, drive safe and fast! That way they can't catch you. :p

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
just make your friend with the evo drive a quarter mile ahead of you...the cops will go after him and you will have a clear path. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
just make a sleeper and tint the windows any exterior mod the cop will notice but if you put your money in the engine and keep a quiet exaust on you won't have to worry about the cops

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I notice this as well, being 17 doesn't help either.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm 18 and I got pulled over by a state trooper today for going 7mph over on the insterstate, i mean seriously, you should get pulled over for going 62 because it's under the speed limit. There were plenty of cars going faster than me but he picked me. Maybe I drew negative intention because my DDE's were on? idk?

·
Registered
207 Posts
i got pulled over for flowing with traffic. the cop pulled me over and searched my car because its a "drug related car" as soon as he went to pop the trunk without a warrant i jumpd quick because in mass thats against the law to seach the glovebox or the trunk without a warrent or probiable cause. and i brought it to court and the judge said i was wrong for going with traffic. now if i was a middle age man instead of a 17 yearold kid i bet everything would be diffrent. basicly id put money in the engine cops wont tend to pull you over asmuch

·
Registered
192 Posts
i got pulled over for flowing with traffic. the cop pulled me over and searched my car because its a "drug related car" as soon as he went to pop the trunk without a warrant i jumpd quick because in mass thats against the law to seach the glovebox or the trunk without a warrent or probiable cause. and i brought it to court and the judge said i was wrong for going with traffic. now if i was a middle age man instead of a 17 yearold kid i bet everything would be diffrent. basicly id put money in the engine cops wont tend to pull you over asmuch
i don't see how they could classify an IS300 as a "Drug-related" car any moreso than any other car on the road. I'd like to see some evidence to back that one up. :suspiciou

·
Registered
565 Posts
WOW i think my IQ went down just from reading this thread. and for bosshawg, any tint on your front windows is against california state law.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
They don't have that "overly modded" rule in washington state.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
You guys need to get out of "Commi"fornia seriously that state is ruined. So many rules on what you can and cannot do. However all your bullshit usually migrates up to Seattle since "Commi"fornia is the trend setter for bullshit laws and what not. Losers

·
Registered
565 Posts
there is no "overly modded" law, but their is an illegal engine modification law which im sure all states have and which im sure is the reason the evo was impounded. and alot of those laws stem from C.A.R.B

and, dont blame our laws. blame the idiot teenagers and adults that dont know their rights!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Ok Cali is cool I "blame the idiot teenagers and adults that dont know their rights!" They are a bunch of F*G A$$ES!!

They're really chill hear on all that stuff as long as your not a d Bag. They have a douche bag law here but it doesn't apply to me so I don't worry about it. Also all that Nazi CARB ish is mostly in Cali. They don't want to ruin their precious smog ridden air. (I'm obviously totally generalizing here btw)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in CT, and I haven't been looked at by a cop any weird way. I have 20% tints and a tint over that so in the morning/afternoon, or nighttime you can't see my face. I been racing a lot of cars when there's street racing invovled however I don't go along with the crowd I just do me and just drive normally and turn on singals. I'm sure thats going to change once the engine modding starts...Oh well. Thats why it's good to have 2 cars.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts