Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the other weekend I dragged my friends RSX type-s in a 1/4, contrary to popular belief I won. He really couldn't launch the car if his life depended on it. We staged up (we're really just kids so of course were going to roast them even when we don't have too hah).. I held a nice Brodie and he stalled his Car, then he proceeded to launch at not even 1900rpm and almost stalled off the line. I only ran a 16.2 but I felt ontop of the world beating him. For anyone that may have wondered - I was able to brake torque to almost 3000rpm without any spin, then again I have 19" lineas. But ya just thought I'd share. He threw out the slip right after and gets mad when I whip out the one I kept from that race. Funny thing is my other friend in his pretty well stock type-s (ram air) can almost pull a 14.7 in the 1/4.:):):)

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
So the other weekend I dragged my friends RSX type-s in a 1/4, contrary to popular belief I won. He really couldn't launch the car if his life depended on it. We staged up (we're really just kids so of course were going to roast them even when we don't have too hah).. I held a nice Brodie and he stalled his Car, then he proceeded to launch at not even 1900rpm and almost stalled off the line. I only ran a 16.2 but I felt ontop of the world beating him. For anyone that may have wondered - I was able to brake torque to almost 3000rpm without any spin, then again I have 19" lineas. But ya just thought I'd share. He threw out the slip right after and gets mad when I whip out the one I kept from that race. Funny thing is my other friend in his pretty well stock type-s (ram air) can almost pull a 14.7 in the 1/4.:):):)
This is more a case of you >>> your friend as he can't launch competently.

Also, since in brake torque your wheels are not moving, your rims are irrelevent. The brake is doing all the work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts