Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was at the dealship in schaumburg, IL.. they offered me a deal on a 06 Is250 AWD for 30195 out the door including tax and lic... Its almost fully loaded, except for lacking the HID's, but it has the navi and what not... it was previously a lease car, has 26666 miles, its silver and no dents minor rock chips which they are willing to fix.. so i need opinions on the pricing before i pick it up on thursday hopefully...

thanks in advance

atizzle

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Can you list the option's it does have. It would make it a lot easier to determine price. You can have the dealership fax a list of the equipment on the car and then go to New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site and look up the trade in value.
Take the trade in value + 500 over for their profit + 10% for the rough guestimate for TTL and this should be the out the door price you should shoot for or lower if you want to drive a hard bargain.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you list the option's it does have. It would make it a lot easier to determine price. You can have the dealership fax a list of the equipment on the car and then go to New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site and look up the trade in value.
Take the trade in value + 500 over for their profit + 10% for the rough guestimate for TTL and this should be the out the door price you should shoot for or lower if you want to drive a hard bargain.
thats a good question... um navi with back up camera and thats all i know lol.. thats the vin number: JTHCK262265004024

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Seems a little high to me. For the approximate value on this car(because I don't have an equipment list)
The low trade in on this car would be
22,600 + 500 + 10% = 25,410 OTD
High trade in on this car would be
26,625 + 500 + 10% = 29,837.50 OTD
In my experience, the dealerships NEVER give high trade in value and rarely give as much as the low trade in value.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems a little high to me. For the approximate value on this car(because I don't have an equipment list)
In my experience, the dealerships NEVER give high trade in value and rarely give as much as the low trade in value.
it seems to have everything expect the HID's, automatic side mirrors,...

thanks!

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
it seems to have everything expect the HID's, automatic side mirrors,...

thanks!
If it came with nav, I am not quite sure why it would not have the AFS HID lighting system:confused:The auto mirrors, memory seats, telescoping steering wheel, ect were included in the Luxury package which is normally reserved for the IS350.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I presume this car is probably Certified Pre-owned, and thus will cost more due to the certification /extended warranty costs. I think your 30k price could be a bit lower,I'd be aiming for 28-29k range.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I presume this car is probably Certified Pre-owned, and thus will cost more due to the certification /extended warranty costs. I think your 30k price could be a bit lower,I'd be aiming for 28-29k range.
i actually ended up purchasing the IS250 this morning... Its fantastic!!!!!
30K with extended platinum warranty...

·
Registered
957 Posts
i actually ended up purchasing the IS250 this morning... Its fantastic!!!!!
30K with extended platinum warranty...
nice car! the finish is sick!

convenient how we saw an e92 M3...time for a new car for me too :)

+rep for the new car and jamba...THANKS! :bigSmile:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice car! the finish is sick!

convenient how we saw an e92 M3...time for a new car for me too :)

+rep for the new car and jamba...THANKS! :bigSmile:
Well thank you for taking a look at the car before i purchased it, and for the extra 200 minutes, oh man that e92 was HOT! what are the odds of that happening.. :)

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!! Have some IS250 +rep

1 - 12 of 12 Posts