Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Just joined so please forgive me if this topic is an old one. Can i also say that this is an excellent site. Very impressive indeed.

I own a 2006 (56) U.K IS250 SE-L. FULLY loaded. All extras opted for at birth. Sunroof, adaptive cruise control, rear spoiler, etc etc etc.

I am wanting to change the oil filter and am enquiring as to how to remove the existing one? I have searched and noticed a thread stating to use a 70mm wrench. I own 2 decent oil filter removal tools, both expensive ones, not the cheap chain type.

What do i need to remove it? Where can i obtain it from? Or is there something else i could use?

Please don't forget i reside in the U.K (worse luck!)
Thank you in advance....

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Pretty sure you should look at a Oil Filter Cap Wrench 64mm x 14 flutes
(of course there is always other means by removing the filter cap on the housing, but this is the correct tool and will reduce breakage and wear and tear over time)

Not sure in the UK where you would buy one though?

Looks like this/ but not this one specifically

Cheers

Digger08

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Digger08. I will now search for such a tool. Would be nice to obtain / use the correct tool as it is the right thing to do as you have also stated. Wouldn't want to damage / mark the housing in anyway plus it would be quicker and easier.

If anyone knows where i can get one i would once again be VERY grateful. I don't mind ordering one from U.S.A if it comes to it.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having read the applications for this tool, my vehicle is covered. I have seen 2 on EBay and 1 is obtainable from the U.K but the U.S.A 1 is cheaper. I will have a think as to which 1 i will order but will definately be ordering it.

I think you are spot on regarding the 64MM 14 Flutes. I asked the U.S.A gentleman off EBay but he said that he only can only confirm by oil filter numbers and not by application.
Thanks once again Digger08

1 - 7 of 7 Posts