Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not getting any heat to the foot vents. If I change it the upper vents and/or the defrost vent heat comes out. Anyone else run into this scenario.

It's an 07 and out of warranty so I'm trying to avoid having to go to the dealership for a fix.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I'm not getting any heat to the foot vents. If I change it the upper vents and/or the defrost vent heat comes out. Anyone else run into this scenario.

It's an 07 and out of warranty so I'm trying to avoid having to go to the dealership for a fix.

Thanks in advance.

My best guess.....

Your Fresh air return vent is broken. This happened when someone forced the air damper hood open during a cabin air filter replacement.

The fix is about 2K.

To check for sure, open the cabin filter access door - (Remove the cover only and do not force the second door), with the vehicle ACC on, press the fresh air return button and see if the damper door opens and closes. If it does, you are lucky and it will be something else, if it does not....expect 800 in parts and 1200 labor to repair it properly.

Digger08

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
...or just check to make sure your HVAC system is not default set to fresh air/ recirculate?

you may just have the button set wrong.

Digger08

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got to look at this on the weekend. the vent opens and closes freely. on the fresh air setting the foot vents blow cold air. on the recirculating its is slightly warmer but not to the heat level that its on the upper vents. looks like i'm stuck bringing it into lexus for diagnosis...

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
lol - at the follow up , not the problem.

Digger08

1 - 7 of 7 Posts