Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just wandered in, so sorry if this has been covered. Has anyone driven or seen some road test numbers on the IS250 manual? I drove a 350 and loved the power, and I also drove the IS250 Auto and thought it was a slug. I'd like to get the manual, but if it's not that much better than the 250 auto I guess I'll suck it up and pay the extra $6500 for the 350. My nearest dealer tells me they're getting a 250 stick in the next week or so, so I'll post back on my thoughts after I take a drive.
Thanks

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
dkfchan said:
The dealer nearby said they will never have manual IS250 unless someone orders it.

Hope she was lying.

Probably not a lie....One dealer here in Atlanta told me the same thing..... :suspiciou

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
I have yet to see a road test where they've driven and timed an IS250 Manual.

For the record, official 0-60 times are 5.6 seconds for the IS350 and 7.9 seconds for the IS250 Manual, with ¼-mile times of 14.2 seconds for the IS350 and 16 seconds for the IS250 Manual. And I did spend an hour driving each one in upstate New York recently, albeit without any timed runs. Here's a link to what I wrote:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265698

·
Registered
221 Posts
jruhi4 said:
I have yet to see a road test where they've driven and timed an IS250 Manual.

For the record, official 0-60 times are 5.6 seconds for the IS350 and 7.9 seconds for the IS250 Manual, with ¼-mile times of 14.2 seconds for the IS350 and 16 seconds for the IS250 Manual. And I did spend an hour driving each one in upstate New York recently, albeit without any timed runs. Here's a link to what I wrote:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265698
Actually the official 0-60 time for the IS350 is 5.3 seconds.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
timboIS said:
Actually the official 0-60 time for the IS350 is 5.3 seconds.
Both the 2006 IS brochure and the 2006 IS Press Information kit list it as 5.6, but, now that you mention it, I do remember hearing that they were officially upgrading it to 5.3 seconds.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
jruhi4 said:
Both the 2006 IS brochure and the 2006 IS Press Information kit list it as 5.6, but, now that you mention it, I do remember hearing that they were officially upgrading it to 5.3 seconds.
Here in Chicago the billboards advertise "The New IS350, 0-60 in 5.3 seconds" so I guess thats the offical. Nice.

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm thinking its going to evolve just like the 1st gen....with the exception being there are manual transmissions available in the first year of production for the IS250's, contrary to the 1st gen is300. Being that the automatics outweigh the manuals in gross sales by a lot, just stick around for the right manual to swing by your area, i'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
Its a shame that they aren't going to or at least don't plan to make the 350 in a stick....could've been a real terror on the tracks...

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
The IS250 and 350 I drove had the same options and the price difference was a little under $5000.

·
Registered
38 Posts
dkfchan said:
The dealer nearby said they will never have manual IS250 unless someone orders it.

Hope she was lying.
Mine said the same thing. As I've mentioned before, I think Lexus is planning on not really selling any sub $35k IS's, less you special order it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
new IS less than 35k

Here in Knoxville, TN, the local Lexus dealer got in some 250's that were around $32. All they had were the 18" wheels and preferred package with the locks/mats. So I'm not buying the jive story that Lexus isn't selling new IS for under 35k.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
knox_sportx said:
Here in Knoxville, TN, the local Lexus dealer got in some 250's that were around $32. All they had were the 18" wheels and preferred package with the locks/mats. So I'm not buying the jive story that Lexus isn't selling new IS for under 35k.
That's the only options on the new IS models around here too.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
bartkat said:
Same thing in Florida. JM Lexus here in Southeast FL had a bunch of IS250s for their launch party, and every single one of them was just like knox_sportx described them, except for a couple of them that had chromed and/or different accessory wheels.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
i called the local dealer here yesterday to ask when I could come in to test drive a manual IS250. Turns out they have absolutlely none headed here until next year , and apparently the ENTIRE south-east allocation for manual RWD 250's comes out to 18 cars!

the dealer also has NO ISx50's on the lot for me to test drive, since they are all coming in pre-sold right now. Sucks, since I was planning on swinging by there this weekend. :(

·
Registered
575 Posts
the dealer in indianapolis indiana is selling is250 manual with 18 inch wheels for 29,658 thats the sticker price you could haggle and get it cheaper than that.im a audi master tech at at audi dealership and every new car has a least a 2,500 dollar mark up from what the dealer pays so you have some money to haggle also

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
bartkat said:

Same thing here in Atlanta, I went to 2 different dealers, All the 250's were $32,664 w/ 18" wheel package. One said that same package in a manual would be about $31,000........I'm dying to test drive the manual. $31,000 for a six-speed manual with the 18"s is not bad....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts