Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any updates?

In for summer 11 pics!!

I like everything you did except smoking the tails and headlights I will highly criticize that over the ISF bumper, I dont understand why one will smoke such important parts degrading the visibility of your brakes and front vision?
I think it makes it look cheap as hell too!

The ISF is the top dog of the IS series so I have to agree that swapping any parts from any of the IS series to another IS of the same series is no different than what most have done with the 1st gen IS series.
Great job and you have my full support on what you did.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice nice work, even now it comes out the aftermarket bolt on kit, but u just a pioneer in this swap.
I just want to know if it's possible to swap the F fender, I know it should be longer but with some bodywork will it fit? the beauty of the F is not only the front, the side have a very nice unique line of flow. I'd like some advice to know if it's possible.
thanx

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not my style but as long as you like it, doesn't matter. Im surprised it worked and you went ahead with it. Good to be different well done mate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Funny how so many peoples tunes changed after they saw pics AND Totally were forced to eat their words since this was 200+% possible...i can't believe how much snooty, stuck up bitch, shit talk went on in this thread bashing this guy murrin95's GENIUS efforts to further this community's knowledge on this platform. It amazes me the lack of respect and style that some members can have...somebody said in previous posts that this is no different than swapping sportcross bumpers and newer head lights and tail lights on 1st gens and he is absolutely correct. This is not unheard of and has been going on for years with many different imports...i finally got through all the bs talk which seemed like it was shooting out of every single angle to finally comment on this. I really don't care who agrees or disagrees and what you'll say but this is by far the cleanest aggressive look u can upgrade this front bumper to and i'm very positive you will be seeing this in the future as the common modification made to these cars to perfect their appearances.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes exactly and 2-3 years later the IS-F bumpers have become the modification of choice. I have a question for @murrin95 the original poster. Did you have to heat up just the fender areas of the bumper with the heat gun or the grille areas too where the bumper meets the hoodin between the headlights and upper grille? Thanks! about to do this on my 350 in a few days! :yummy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a newbie to the site and i've got a 06 is250 and was gonna do a Isf front end swap, was wondering if anyone has done this. Can this be done bumper only or is fenders and side skirts a must. I work for toyota and my cost on the parts is relatively inexpensive so i've pondered the whole swap. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated thnx

101 - 110 of 110 Posts