Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thnks for the props Crestor and yes it's no different than putting on the body kit but my thought was not to clone a iS F but just to kind of simulate one. I'm still tossing around the idea of the fender and side skirts and doing the wald rear lip and jdm lip spoiler or the wald lip spoiler. This project was just a trial and im glad it worked and i also thank all of u that give positive feedback on it, i also understand that tastes are different and people do have the rt to voice there opinions especially here, but it was also said by a wise person "One mans pile of crap may be another mans treasure". Ok so bad analogy but u get the drift. I will say though if anyone smokes tints there headlights make sure u got HID'S because shit u cant see if u got stock bulbs. LOL.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks sharp. It looks like the front wheel arches don't match up quite perfect in the photos though. Regardless, I think it looks good. Don't worry about the haters, it's your car. If you like it, that's all that really matters. Props on the swap.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thanks Busdepot appreciate the props. The wheel arches ended up meeting up perfect I'm gonna post some daytime pics of everything I had done including a side shot. Now I just need wheels but Illinois winters force me to wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Props

Thnks for the props Crestor and yes it's no different than putting on the body kit but my thought was not to clone a iS F but just to kind of simulate one. I'm still tossing around the idea of the fender and side skirts and doing the wald rear lip and jdm lip spoiler or the wald lip spoiler. This project was just a trial and im glad it worked and i also thank all of u that give positive feedback on it, i also understand that tastes are different and people do have the rt to voice there opinions especially here, but it was also said by a wise person "One mans pile of crap may be another mans treasure". Ok so bad analogy but u get the drift. I will say though if anyone smokes tints there headlights make sure u got HID'S because shit u cant see if u got stock bulbs. LOL.

Props to you. It looks sick! Dont listen to the haters out there.lol. Do your own thing just like all of us in here do. As long as you like it who gives f*** what anyone in here says. I personally wouldnt do the the whole switch. I just want the isf grille. Now like you said all you need is some wheels. Look at some TSW. I got some 18' but go for 19 (looks sick)and also lower that thing. Question thought how do you go about smoked taillights since i see you have the front done.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Unlike an aftermarket bumper/body kit, by putting on an IS-F bumper you are imitating a car that you are not. Just my opinion.... whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
To ja131 we smoked everything headlights taillights fogs and rear reflectors. We scuffed them added kandy black to the clear coat and painted. And vinconist im waiting for the brake ducts still there on backorder so i've got holes (looks shitty) but i'm not sure about what u mean by "gap". Everything lines up including wheel arches and even to my surprise the height from floor to bottom of bumper only changed by 1/4 inch. I may not have seen this cause i see this thing everyday but let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Look good, can't wait to see the final product. Now we need someone to do the IS-C bumper conversion for comparison.

Now IS-F guys will do the ISX50 conversion for the ultimate sleeper,lol.

·
27,116 Posts
lol on the IS-F sleeper mod. I wanna see the IS-C bumper on the ISX50 as well. I like that bumper a lot and you'd figure it would just "bolt on" as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Look good, can't wait to see the final product. Now we need someone to do the IS-C bumper conversion for comparison.

Now IS-F guys will do the ISX50 conversion for the ultimate sleeper,lol.
I would love to see the IS-C swap i almost did it and at the last minute i changed my mind. Really could u imagine if a IS-f owner did that, but it would be alot more work then the swap i did the due to the wider fenders.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow I thin it looks great! You should match the rear bumper as well. Whats with so much hate just cause its an IS-F bumper??

I mean if he sported IS-F emblems then I can understand. 90% of the people out there won't even notice it or be able to tell the difference.

Good job!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Good job, can you take better quality pictures when you have a chance!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thanks again everyone for positive feedback ill post some better pictures today or 2maro. Happy holidays everyone.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Karasha... why do people put on body kits? Why do people buy rims (for cosmetic purposes)? Why do people put on spoilers?

It's not because people want to fool people into thinking their car is a different one... some people just want to change the look of the car.
I can only speak personally for I am not probably the general consensus nor do I claim to be.

Personally, I put on a body kit to enhance the OEM aesthetics of the car. The correct rear lip on this car draws attention to the back of the car (which is my favourite part ABOUT the 2IS). I put on a body kit to COMPLIMENT what the designers already did, otherwise, why would I have bought the car if I want to slap on a different car's bumper? Just because one day I could magically retrofit the IS300 bumper to the car, I surely would not, because my car is not an IS300 (...and because I already own an IS300 :) ).

While, to bring up people who do bumper swaps (Such as the upcoming Artisan for the 2IS - which I do not care for - or the Modellista/HKS/ect. for the IS300) I find quite fine because that is a bumper that was specially designed in mind for that car (while it's aesthetics can be subjective); that bumper can not be found on a different model of car.

Some people put rims on their car to match their body kit (RobsIS250 - carbon fiber wheels to match his carbon fiber theme) while others put lighter wheels on their car for performance reason. But usually it is purely aesthetics...

My post did not demerit the fact he did something ground breaking and it looks good (because it looks like an IS-F, a production car that I believe good visuals), I simply do not understand why you would put another cars front bumper on a different car. Plain as that. BUT if this is what the person wanted, then great! I'm glad he is proud of what he drives, that is ultimately what modding is about. :approve:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok so to answer Crester's question we did not stretch the fenders at all not metal work was done to the vehicle we actually just shrunk the bumper with heat then relaxed it with ice cold water it worked out great i just picked up from body shop now i just gotta wire the fog lights 2maro and get brighter headlight bulbs cause i don't have HID'S!

Second answer no i don't have a ISF but the look of the bumper is great, although i could have bought one but i live in illinois and driving that vehicle in the winter is not great and to buy it as a summer car wouldn't be the car for that. I understand that putting this on my flag as a poser but all i wanted to do was do something different and that's what i thought even though the ISC bumper is very sleek looking and would make a great swap also i chose the ISF one little pricey after all but not really that bad. Again thanks everyone for the feedback on the swap and i made another thread with all the part #"s i used to do so.

Have a happy and safe holiday season
Great job, that's what I've always thought about the IS-F in parts relation, Its the same as the ISX-50 minus the larger tranny tunnel but everything else should be bolton.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts