Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I think it's kinda dumb to criticize the project because the bumper came from a car that "has twice as much power". What if a person just wants a more aggressive looking front bumper? It doesn't mean they are trying to fool people into thinking their IS250 is an IS-F. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the finished project!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Isf front bumper on isx250

hmm, this is interesting to say the least. the way i see it... to each their own :cool: it's your car and if you think it's cool then why the hell not! i personally don't see why this is so different from any other mod. so it might take more work, more money, more time... big deal! it's not your money or time. there are far worse mods out there and honestly (imho) this is definitly not one of them. sometimes the drama on this forum is retarded. :confused:
Thanks i appreciate the support it always amazes me how people want to criticize others mods when customization is all about the person doing. I built GM'S SEMA cars for 4 years and i've hand built some crazy exotic vehicles but this was just a bumper swap thats all nothing more and it turned into this bashing of MY personal taste, but thanks again to all of u who support this swap. I just came back from the body shop and it's done but i left it there because i had headlights and tail lights smoked and decided i wanted to do the fog lights to match and then we painted to lower ISF grille to match the upper and black chromed trunk emblem and grille emblem. I'm gonna post 2 pics later tonite so everyone can see it completed and again I DID NOT mold the bumper to fenders no metal modifcation was neccessary nor was the use of the ISF fenders or hood. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So this goes to CRESTOR since i got the bumper to fit with hardly any work do i get my REP now? LOL. Thanks for the vote lance corporal. I hope everyone likes it i'll post the finished pics once i get the retaining clips for the bumper that bolt to the fender and smoke the fog lights

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
That's my next project i'm working with troy of Five Axis rt now on a wheel choice i think i'm gonna go with the 5d just like the project Isf he did. I also want to put the Wald international rear lip on but can't decide what side skirts to use. Ugh decisions decisions!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
What is really funny is all u haters had so much to say about this project and it not working but now there's pics proving all ur ignorance and stupidity towards others. With that said enjoy ur bullshit bolt ons and also the fact u have to eat ur words!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
What is really funny is all u haters had so much to say about this project and it not working but now there's pics proving all ur ignorance and stupidity towards others. With that said enjoy ur bullshit bolt ons and also the fact u have to eat ur words!!!
I love how everyone has sooo many nice things to say!! Thanks for taking the time to read our opinions on this matter :) have a great day folks :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Wow the bumper fits better than i expected. Nice job, I like it. Even though you received so much criticism, I suggest that you update the first post with all the parts and part numbers needed to complete this mod. I am sure there will be other members who will appreciate this.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You are really a nasty vile guy:cool: You can take your project and stick it where the sun don't shine! I sure wont be visiting this thread anymore.

Lou

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Isf front bumper swap

Wow the bumper fits better than i expected. Nice job, I like it. Even though you received so much criticism, I suggest that you update the first post with all the parts and part numbers needed to complete this mod. I am sure there will be other members who will appreciate this.
That's definately what I planned to do I have all the part numbers except for the few bolts and clips that were need. I also now realized I need the inner fender liner from the isf cause it's a little wider.
Also my slight vileness came from people who knew nothing about what I was doing but had all the negative things to say.

·
Registered
213 Posts
looks great man...i dont know why everyones trippin, this is no different than adding a bodykit (not a big fan of) but better since its oem and looks hella clean...props n rep

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
good work....if I owned my IS250, i'd do it too...haha :approve:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Firstly I gotta say congrats on completing this project... and it looks great.

But there's a question on my mind...! If the IS-F is a few inches wider than the IS250... how did you just "bolt on" the IS-F bumper? :confused: You said you were going to stretch the fenders... did you just stretch the fender to make up that extra gap? And then from there everything just bolted up?

You can see the gap in the first pic...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
im just having trouble with this IS-F bumper swap thing. Your car isn't an IS-F? why do you have an ISF front bumper? Not saying it to be a dick or to rain on the parade... Great job on the project.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ok so to answer Crester's question we did not stretch the fenders at all not metal work was done to the vehicle we actually just shrunk the bumper with heat then relaxed it with ice cold water it worked out great i just picked up from body shop now i just gotta wire the fog lights 2maro and get brighter headlight bulbs cause i don't have HID'S!

Second answer no i don't have a ISF but the look of the bumper is great, although i could have bought one but i live in illinois and driving that vehicle in the winter is not great and to buy it as a summer car wouldn't be the car for that. I understand that putting this on my flag as a poser but all i wanted to do was do something different and that's what i thought even though the ISC bumper is very sleek looking and would make a great swap also i chose the ISF one little pricey after all but not really that bad. Again thanks everyone for the feedback on the swap and i made another thread with all the part #"s i used to do so.

Have a happy and safe holiday season

·
Registered
469 Posts
^ Then he's basically be a IS250 with an IS-F coat on. No thanks. While I don't understand why do this, good job with the project. :)

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Karasha... why do people put on body kits? Why do people buy rims (for cosmetic purposes)? Why do people put on spoilers?

It's not because people want to fool people into thinking their car is a different one... some people just want to change the look of the car.

41 - 60 of 110 Posts