Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm really surprised it fits as well as it does, especially the hood. But it still doesn't fit anywhere near properly. It will require lots of work. Keep us posted.

Lou

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Actually very minimal work is needed you guys are gonna be surprised i'm taking it apart on tuesday night plan to finish friday after work. I thought it would be closer than it is but i didnt have the plastic clips that bolt to the fenders that secure the bumper, so i'll have all that and rest of the parts tuesday i'll post more pics.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks im xcited! But i looked at it all today and i think im gonna need a thin whel spacer for the wheels, Ive wanted to get ones for the rears any way, because im still not sure what rims i want
. Anyone have suggestions on wheel spacers????

·
Registered
469 Posts
H&R or Ichiba

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wonderring if the IS-C front bumper will be a better fit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The ISC will fit as a direct bolt on except upper and lower grilles will work. If anyone wants to do any swap and needs parts i can provide u with that, i work for toyota and i paid $250.0 for the ISF bumper just to give u an idea. Thanks again for all the positive replies ans for the negative ones finished pics will be up this weekend when done it goes in wednesday morning i'll be saddened but the finished product will be worth the wait

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well thats just a test fit it should take probably 4hrs getting it all fit and fit again to ensure perfection before we shoot the color. And all of the rest of the parts came in today so 2maro at 8am its apart she comes then the fun begins.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Ok so because of the specs and options all of u guys think its impossible ok i can see that sure. But if custom was described as bolt on then i want nothing to do with it!!!!! Working for Toyota i have resources that allow information that others are not allowed but with some speculation i became intriged! So when i complete this (WHICH I WILL) i will post all of the parts needed to do this swap and also provide information on my Friends body shop if you live in illinois and would like to do this>
Best of luck... anything is possible. People are just saying the IS-F bumper isn't a bolt on job. I'll be the first to rep you when you are done. :cool:

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I said this is a fail because its like putting lipstick on a pig..... not to mention this is from a car that costs more than twice as much and has more than twice as much power.... who are you fooling? it wont even look good without the fenders, sideskirts, and rear bumper to match it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Lipstick on a pig.... Such a analogy, the bumper is on the car as of right now everything lines up just got back from body shop. And yes the fenders and skirts would compliment the whole swap but that wasn't the look i wanted if I want a ISF i'll buy one i work for toyota motor corp money not the issue, the whole point of the swap was for a change on the front end that I thought would look good! But i guess it being its not as simple as bolt on a cam gear or grilles the complexity that poses intimidate people. But when its complete it will be as what I wanted. But again i appreciate the feedback as always positive or negative. Looking forward to this weekend when its painted and i install and post the pics of my LIPSTICK WEARING PIG!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
You're gonna just buy a IS-F front bumper and bolt it on??? That's gonna work?

Isn't the IS-F front end wider than the regular IS250? I'd be pretty suprised if you could just bolt on a front bumper.
i was quoted the car in general, even from is250 to the is350 was 3"s wider and 6"s longer. the cars are not even comparables from front to back I know that 100%, left to right I was told 3" difference.. good luck tho, in my opinion not worth the hassle, its STILL A IS250!.. why steal the look of a beast for a kitty cat??

·
Registered
41 Posts
i think this is a good idea. i've only seen someone put on the rear bumper.
i'm looking forward to seeing your completed project. ^^
GL.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I disagree with the people thinking it's a bad idea. Why the hell would you want to buy the IS-F when your car looks as good and gives you a lot more gas mileage. My friends IS250 400 miles to the tank. He has an exhaust system and intake. I think this IS250 would be a great daily driver. I have decked out IS350 as a daily driver. It's nothing compared to my AMG. But a Perfect daily driver.

GL bro. I really looking forward to see the END result.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well it's fitted to the car now and is in color and the project is a success i'll post pics later for all those that said it's not possible! Oh and length of 2006 is250 is 170.1 2008 ISF 173.5 wheel base is 170.5 which is the same for both vehicles! Need i say more? It amazes me how people on the forums come up with some statements that are 1 uneducated 2 unthought at the moment but sounds like ur educated about what ur speaking about. But none the less pics will follow this post and again to all the positive responses i've received thank u!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well it's fitted to the car now and is in color and the project is a success i'll post pics later for all those that said it's not possible! Oh and length of 2006 is250 is 170.1 2008 ISF 173.5 wheel base is 170.5 which is the same for both vehicles! Need i say more? It amazes me how people on the forums come up with some statements that are 1 uneducated 2 unthought at the moment but sounds like ur educated about what ur speaking about. But none the less pics will follow this post and again to all the positive responses i've received thank u!
Hmmmm.. doesnt take much to amaze you huh?? hahaha, thank god, that means you might actually be amazed by your waste of time project!! LOL.. good luck with that.. looks like my 3" estimate was almost right on target.. and again, its what i was told, try reading, or maybe instead of molding bumpers on 250s'that dont belong you can try hooked on phonix.. thanks bud for the sarcasm ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Wow ur pure ignorance is bliss to say the least! But ur wrong with molding my bumper u tool and i need hooked on phonix WOW i never said i molded a thing but its ok. And again all my information comes rt from the engineers at the company i work for TOYOTA which i stated before but u must have missed that tool. But it's ok since u have both cars like ur profile says you would see the vehicles are not different but anyway i feel like my intelligence just lowered in response to ur ignorant statement!!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
The IS-F bumper CAN fit without any modifications!!!

But... you will need the hood, grille, and fenders.

Looking good so far! Oh, and dont forget the fogs! :D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
hmm, this is interesting to say the least. the way i see it... to each their own :cool: it's your car and if you think it's cool then why the hell not! i personally don't see why this is so different from any other mod. so it might take more work, more money, more time... big deal! it's not your money or time. there are far worse mods out there and honestly (imho) this is definitly not one of them. sometimes the drama on this forum is retarded. :confused:

21 - 40 of 110 Posts