Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie to the site and i've got a 06 is250 and was gonna do a Isf front end swap, was wondering if anyone has done this. Can this be done bumper only or is fenders and side skirts a must. I work for toyota and my cost on the parts is relatively inexpensive so i've pondered the whole swap. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated thnx

·
Registered
203 Posts
The F is better than 3" longer than a normal ISX50, all of it in the front. You would need to change the complete front clip plus any differences to the mounting structure is there is any. IMHO, not a good idea. The rear bumper is another matter, that will fit an ISX50, no problem.

Lou

·
27,116 Posts
You may be able to get an IS-F front end on an IS250... but it's not going to be a simple bolt on job since the proportions of the IS-F are different to fit that V8 engine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So u think maybe the core support and possible inner fenders may be the difference in length of the front end? Astetically they look he same but my Lexus store currently does not have one to compare to so i'm flying by the seat here. I appreciate the feedback i'm gonna have to california 2maro when i get to work and call the engineers( the advantage of working for the company ). Any other insightful suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again lou.

Pete

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was going to do the Same But Its way to Much work and money,So I did the next best Thing and Put the IS-F Upper & Lower Grilles And That was no easy Task

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
info

:) So i spoke with the engineers at lexus today one of the perks of working for the company and the swap can be done one of two ways 1: Front bumper only 2: Front bumper fenders and side skirts. The change is made without the use of new inner fenders core support is slightly different but the isx will accept the the factory plastic up top. Parts pricing wasn't that bad for everything at cost i'd pay $1759 for all the parts needed which does include that disgusting rear bumper. I'm gonna start ordering parts rt after Xmas, then i will dry fit parts and then once ft and assured they will i'll get painted. I will be posting pics as the project progresses. Thnx everyone for there replies.

Pete

·
27,116 Posts
You're gonna just buy a IS-F front bumper and bolt it on??? That's gonna work?

Isn't the IS-F front end wider than the regular IS250? I'd be pretty suprised if you could just bolt on a front bumper.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Isf front bumper on isx250

So i ordered the bumper today for the swap gonna fit it this weekend and take pics. Lets hope it works. Worse case im out $250 for the bumper.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
fail...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yep, again, it wont even come close to fitting. Lexus Canada (and Japan) has an F Sport package available as an option on the ISX50. The only external difference to the front of the vehicle is a Unique Grille, which looks much like the ISF grill but fits the ISX50 bumper. If the ISF bumper would have fit, they certainly would have used it.

Lexus.ca - 2010 IS 350 RWD Specifications & Features

Lou

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isf front bumper swap

So im at the bodyshop in oswego il rt now the bumper is on the car NO MAJOR work needed bumper bolts up only difference is the plastic guide on the fender is different for the ISF! Pics to come later if any interested in doing this swap pm me or email me for the shop its a good friend of mines shop so his work is impecable!

·
Registered
897 Posts
So im at the bodyshop in oswego il rt now the bumper is on the car NO MAJOR work needed bumper bolts up only difference is the plastic guide on the fender is different for the ISF! Pics to come later if any interested in doing this swap pm me or email me for the shop its a good friend of mines shop so his work is impecable!
please post pics would love to see this.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Isf front bumper swap

/Users/murrin95/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/ISF front bumper swap/IMG_0656.JPG

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Isf front bumper swap

/Users/murrin95/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/ISF front bumper swap/IMG_0658.JPG

As u can see the factory isx grill will not work but i knew that on a slight modification to the fenders (stretching them) and the bumper is mounted>
Will start on tuesday awaiting more parts to come in wasn't sure if was gonna fit so didn't order everything

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so because of the specs and options all of u guys think its impossible ok i can see that sure. But if custom was described as bolt on then i want nothing to do with it!!!!! Working for Toyota i have resources that allow information that others are not allowed but with some speculation i became intriged! So when i complete this (WHICH I WILL) i will post all of the parts needed to do this swap and also provide information on my Friends body shop if you live in illinois and would like to do this>

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got it now thanks bro i appreciate it kind of new to forums my buddy has a photobucket check in 5 they'll be a link

1 - 20 of 110 Posts