Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
---This is not a review---

Crazy...the dealership was packed

I drove up to valet parking and got a brochure. Ran into this guy that works there and he was telling me that there's a 2-door coupe coming for 07. I said, "sweet"

Hopefully it's mated with the 300hp engine.

Free food and drinks, chardonay thank you. They busted out the smoke machine and brought out the 250AWD and 350. Oh baby

To be honest, from all the pictures I've seen. I loved the front of the car, but hated the sides... It almost resembled an Acura TSX which I'm not that fond of either. In person, different story.
This car is beautiful! Doesn't look long and stretched at all! It's still the baby IS I love...and I will definitely be looking for one in a few years.

Actually, I was thinking about how I could sell my car and pick up a 250 on the way to my buddy's birthday. :)

beauty! go see it!

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
happysmp said:
Actually, I was thinking about how I could sell my car and pick up a 250 on the way to my buddy's birthday. :)

beauty! go see it!
No man...upgrade your 1G when there are a bunch of 350s
around with under 40000kms used for like 30k in a few years!

j

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
There was 350 there?
I went 2 days ago and they said they won't be getting the 350 for another week or 2...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Wat?!
The salesman told me no 300hp MT!!
Only maybe an IS400 with 7speed auto...

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
IS400 with 7 speed auto?!?!? Where are you guys hearing this crap. These salespeople are just talking shit.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Which sales guy told you that? do you know his name?

Don Valley talks a lot of shit most of the time, many of their sales guys are sleazy people. Especially that guy Fabro or Favero or however you spell it, he is pure bait and switch all the time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
HappySMP,

I was there too at the unveiling. I don't know if that was a production IS350 (SGM) that they had, but I noticed 1 thing that was different from the IS250 AWD they had there. While I was looking at the hood of the IS350, I thought it was scratched. I followed the line over hood, and around the front fender. It apparently was not a scratch as it as smooth cut along the hood (about 7-10" from the front hood lip) and curved around the front fenders. The IS 250 didn't have this line. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera to take any pictures of it.

I noticed that the Valet guys were parking the cars in parking spaces outside the dealership. I parked my car near the garage.

I didn't hear any talk about a coupe, but then again, I didn't really ask any of the salesmen.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The line on the hood was probably wear the hood tape ended.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Don't worry... i'm not saying for sure there will be IS400 but i'll believe it when i see it...

Don Vally sales person don't know shit i know that... hahah

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
T i h o r said:
Coupe for '07.. 300hp and MT what more could u want?
Official word, not some salesman's conjecture. ;)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha,
Boman, yeah...1 day later...came to my senses and decided on waiting for a used 350 in a few years...but damn, that car was so sweet.

The 350 they had at Don Valley WAS a 350. There's a guy that works downstairs in detailing, Mark I think...he picked me up at the office once when I was getting my car serviced. We spoke a bit about drifting on the way to Don Valley, goodguy. Anyhow, I saw him as I pulledup to the dealership and we weretalking about the new IS. He's the one that toldme there was a coupe coming for the '07 line. I asked him how the new cars were to drive, he told me he preferred the IS300 over the 250, but the 350 was a pleasure to drive...suggest all of you schedule yourselves for test drive!!!

Mark was the one who drove the 350 onto the showroom,... fucker almost hit me...think he did it on purpose. Hey Grant, I was the 6'3 korean guy in front of the 350 as it pulled in.

That clear line you saw on the 350 looked like a clear bra to me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
HappySMP,

I was at the bottom of the stairs when the lights went out and the cars came in. I couldn't really understand what the guy with the mic was saying as the audio was terrible on the main floor.

6'3" is pretty tall for an Asian, but when you are in an area where 90% of the people are Asian, it's hard to differentiate yourself from the others ;)

GrantK

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was standing in front of the 350 and I couldn't understand what that guy said either. :)

yeah,...as my jewish friend keeps telling me..."you all look the same"
no worries...I make worse jokes back

1 - 15 of 15 Posts