Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got home and a white IS250 passed by me in the middle of a thunderstorm...I could see the car quite plainly , it looks sexy as hell in white when its dark out, but I noticed something I had not before..

the small lights that light up the license plate on the under-hold for the trunk were BRIGHT . I am talking HID bright. :jawDrop:

I'm assuming this is after-market. If someone with a new IS could chip in and clarify this, with a night time pic of the rear license plates, that would be helpful.

the funny part is the driver was an older lady..so I'm confused...not your typical after-market customer....

:confused:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Yes they are stock. ive seen them on GSs and they are sexy

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aha.. I knew I was'nt seeing things...ofcourse...I'd rather have "dark" bulbs ( uhh...they dont work, officer...they must have blown out!!! ) so people cant see my license plate at all :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
weird part is, the IS uses regular bulbs for the map lights, yet the GS is LED in everything that lights up inside <even the door handles>

·
Registered
22 Posts
SkuLinex said:
weird part is, the IS uses regular bulbs for the map lights, yet the GS is LED in everything that lights up inside <even the door handles>
Not so much - the IS250 AWD and the 350 I've test driven/examined used all LEDs throughout - map lights included - don't know if this is different in the Canadian models - but I don't think something "standard" like that would vary region to region...

·
Jedi Knight
7,619 Posts
KraxyKanuck said:
What a waste of bright lights.:disagree: I know, I'd prefer people can't see my plate.
I hear ya! I feel the same way.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
i know flipside 909 has a few pics of the license plates at night....

someone run a search for his pics..i know he made a thread dedicated to them...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Do they sell LEDs for our interior lights? I have the 1st gen. Right now I have the polarg blue bulbs. They are better than the stock yellow ones, but LED bulbs I havent seen before?

Was gonna do the blue bulbs for the license plates, but the tutorial looks way toooooo long for some bulbs.

By the way, what type are the interior dome lights (in the middle) and what type are the map lights in the front?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts