Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I seem to have the opposite problem. When I set the button to recirculate mode, the door in front of the filter doesn't flip up. It stays closed. I know if I force it open, I may break it so I've left it as is.

I've done maintenance before myself, and I know the door should be open when it's in recirculate mode.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
this is what it looks like when i opened the cover to get to the filter, and can't find the filter. is something missing or am i doing something wrong?( 08 lexus is350)
thanks

picture

i just bought the car like a month ago., i guess its missing I'm not sure, is that bad?? and where can i buy the frame and filter other than dealers steal

by any chance could the cabin filter set off any check light in car??

·
Registered
36 Posts
yes i emailed the sewellsparts and wanting for a response, i went on there website to find the filter and the frame for an 08 is350 and it came up blank, so im waiting for a respond and if they have it for my year ill buy it.
thanks so much keep u guys informed
87139C is the filter.

88899-3A080 is the frame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actual figures were:

Replacement HVAC part was $2,840.00 CAN
Labor = 7 hours at 125.00 hr. =$875.00 CAN
Plus taxes at 15%

= was in the $4200.00 range.

When the door is forced, it breaks the damper attachment point and requires an entirely new HVAC system.

Note: this was not a personal damage fault , but the mistake of aftermarket service technician. So my company had to pony up and repair this through a dealer to make things right. Big mistake for such a small part.

In defense, Lexus did not issue any warnings on this untill June 2008

Digger08
I had a hammerhead at Jiffy Lube "check" minel. Now I am unable to have the recirc off without an obnoxious gear grinding noise as the panel tries to close. So uncool.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts