Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
WOW. very impressed. I just wish this thing was had the 6spd getrag in it. Then it would be complete and officially the baddest car I've seen in awhile.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
WOW. very impressed. I just wish this thing was had the 6spd getrag in it. Then it would be complete and officially the baddest car I've seen in awhile.
yeah, but it will be much nicer to have ALOT of power coming thru the Auto using the paddle shifters than to be going thru the 6 speed. I have a 6 speed in my car and pulling on the paddles in the 250 makes the 250 feel so much more like a real machine than my car!

·
Registered
848 Posts
yeah, but it will be much nicer to have ALOT of power coming thru the Auto using the paddle shifters than to be going thru the 6 speed. I have a 6 speed in my car and pulling on the paddles in the 250 makes the 250 feel so much more like a real machine than my car!
u up early. what time ya finish last night?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
You realize the paddles aren't actually shifters, right?

They're top gear limiters.

And unless they swapped to a manual valve body on the conversion they did, they still would be on this car.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Finished the exhaust on the car tonight guys. Juanito took 2 days to finish it. Its full custom. I think it came out great. Here are some more photos. It is 3in into two 2.5 inch. At the rear now sits two R35 GT-R tips. Enjoy:)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
It was a great moment driving with Lance and Matthew last night with this car. Car is a BEAST.

BTW if Toyomoto decided to sell it I'm the first priority. I asked Lance to build me one if he does not sell it LOL.

Matt... I linked this to CL as requested.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
wow the exhaust came out AMAZZING matt. how does it sound?

my srt 3 inch is just way too loud for my liking, i want something stealthily QUIET, you think Juanito could come up with something worthwhile if i was to talk to him or show it to him?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
wow the exhaust came out AMAZZING matt. how does it sound?

my srt 3 inch is just way too loud for my liking, i want something stealthily QUIET, you think Juanito could come up with something worthwhile if i was to talk to him or show it to him?
it sounds really nice. Its really really quiet, yet it still has a nice little rumble. like a turbo sc300 with stock exhaust i guess. ask rahim, he knows.:)

and to get your exhaust quieter, put a resonator on it. it will help alot. juanito could do it for you in a few hours.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
it sounds really nice. Its really really quiet, yet it still has a nice little rumble. like a turbo sc300 with stock exhaust i guess. ask rahim, he knows.:)

and to get your exhaust quieter, put a resonator on it. it will help alot. juanito could do it for you in a few hours.
it has an oval-shaped resonator, but i think it may have gotten so full of exhaust ash when my car was running super rich last year
(water temp sensor went bad so my haltech always thought my car was at -100 degrees. my exhaust would just blow black sh*t out of it)

so all that build-up probably made the resonator less functional. i changed the muffler from a round to a quiet-version oval shaped, but that didn't help.

plus the resonator is straight through. it might help if the inlet and outlet were offset. it might also have to do with the SRT piping and the path it takes. who knows. i guess he can look at it and see what he thinks he can improve.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Dude, you GOTTA take that to the dealership and get an oil change (my local dealer doesn't do an "oil change" only a service check or some BS for $140). See what they say!! LMAO

Now you've got a baddass engine in a nice chassis that handles well.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Dude, you GOTTA take that to the dealership and get an oil change (my local dealer doesn't do an "oil change" only a service check or some BS for $140). See what they say!! LMAO

Now you've got a baddass engine in a nice chassis that handles well.
lol that would be funny and they probably wouldnt expect to see a 2j under a 2nd gen IS! But this car will never be taken to the dealer for a service/maintenance or anything of that sort. Ill never take mine to the dealer either. I dont trust people with my car that i dont know. But thats just me:p

·
Registered
833 Posts
lol that would be funny and they probably wouldnt expect to see a 2j under a 2nd gen IS! But this car will never be taken to the dealer for a service/maintenance or anything of that sort. Ill never take mine to the dealer either. I dont trust people with my car that i dont know. But thats just me:p
The only thing that keeps me from taking my car to the dealer is not having certain tools for certain jobs (like wheel bearing changes). Though, I bet you don't have this problem.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts