Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 2 years of working on this car on and off, we finally drove her for the first time today! Everything works too! Yes, even the paddle shifters and Ice cold Air condition! Lance(Toyomoto) did a great job!(btw this is his personal car) Also special thanks to Gregz at Machines Gone Wild,Lucien, and Patrick for all of their expertise and help. Next, its off to JCF Fabrication(aka Juanito) to fab up a custom exhaust. Since everything is functioning perfect, all thats left now is to install the AEM standalone, tune, and dyno. Here are some pics that I took of it tonight! Enjoy!

9/21/2010- Exhaust done, New pics on Page 4.

again, car has no exhaust yet, this is why its so loud here. Below is the VIDEO

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
First 1,000hp 2nd gen IS on the wayyyyyyyyyy!!! ;)

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
NO EFFING WAY.

But then again, the Discount Tire track car had a 2JZ... But still, this is pretty monumental for a DIY project.

Post some dyno's! ISX50 sleeper gonna rape ya!

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
NO EFFING WAY.

But then again, the Discount Tire track car had a 2JZ... But still, this is pretty monumental for a DIY project.
And NOTHING functions on their car. Its just an engine on standalone in a chassis...not exactly ground breaking or ultimately difficult.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NO EFFING WAY.

Post some dyno's! ISX50 sleeper gonna rape ya!
yeah but this one uses the stock tach/gauge cluster :)

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Which, of course, Knightshade never said.

He did suggest the cost might be pretty stupid though... how much did it cost?

Also curious if the smartkey system still works as factory?
yep just like factory! even the paddle shifters work too.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I saw the video... (which looked like it had several dash lights still on after starting) and it showed the pushbutton start working.... that's not the same as the whole smartkey/security system working... which is why I asked.

Obviously not everything works like factory... I don't believe TC still could work same as factory without the original motor for example but the driver probably wouldn't care about it... there's possibly other things, depending on what they actually did to get the rest to work (ie is the original ECU still in the car at all? if so what is it being told is happening?)

What transmission is in there? is it the V160 in your sig or is there an auto in there? (mentioning the paddle shifters but having a V160 in your sig is what confuses me there)

(and please don't mistake my questions for anything negative, great job on getting this working, it's certainly lightyears ahead of any of the other conversions that have been attempted just by getting it to start/run and have working gauges and AC).

·
Ninja?
16,050 Posts
I saw the video... (which looked like it had several dash lights still on after starting) and it showed the pushbutton start working.... that's not the same as the whole smartkey/security system working... which is why I asked.

Obviously not everything works like factory... I don't believe TC still could work same as factory without the original motor for example but the driver probably wouldn't care about it... there's possibly other things, depending on what they actually did to get the rest to work (ie is the original ECU still in the car at all? if so what is it being told is happening?)

What transmission is in there? is it the V160 in your sig or is there an auto in there? (mentioning the paddle shifters but having a V160 in your sig is what confuses me there)

(and please don't mistake my questions for anything negative, great job on getting this working, it's certainly lightyears ahead of any of the other conversions that have been attempted just by getting it to start/run and have working gauges and AC).
Hey Kurt,

It's not The-IS's car, it's Lance (Toyomoto) that owns the car and probably built the car. Either way, it's kinda exciting to see.

And yeah guys, Knightshade never said it was impossible. Just said that upgrading to an IS350 would be much cheaper and much more reliable.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts