Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There is no way to know for sure without a pressure and volume test on a bench. It would be cheaper and easier to replace the slave and master.
But it only happens once warm, so I'd assume your first guess must be correct (the slave rod being too short) Only issue is i assume you can't make the rod too long or it'll cause further issues

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So a little update for any followers in the future, if you have a short shifter make sure you remove it! as it appears it was the short shifter all along that has caused my issue. Once it was removed and OEM shifter was re-installed everything seems to be ok. although it's all a bit floppy and flappy! but better than losing gears

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sounds like you needed a better quality shifter. Others have not talked about that issue when they run one.
It's either a B&M shifter which are rare as hell can cost £150 plus easily. or the Chinese ones for £30. I had the £30 option.

It might also be due to bad syncros and it's just not as noticeable with the OEM shifter. So going to get a spare box while it's free!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts