Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning team Allan here from little old nz. I recently have acquired a is200 for cheap and over time want to stack parts to build a weekend style drift car. a few questions is does all jzx parts fit is200 platform like aftermarket knuckles etc etc or is there certain chassis that don't intergrade with the is200 chassis. any info on this and secrets along the way would be awesome. cheers team.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,536 Posts
Hello. I wish I could offer more assistance on your question, however we never got the IS200 in the states. My answer would be yes but that is purely on a guess. I’m sure others will have a clear answer for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello. I wish I could offer more assistance on your question, however we never got the IS200 in the states. My answer would be yes but that is purely on a guess. I’m sure others will have a clear answer for you.
hey mate I believe the 200 and the 300 are basically the same maybe slight differences but chassis wise its the same so what fits the 300 should fit the 200 . thing is in nz there's isn't a lot of people building them yet for drift cars like the usa and Europe . which is nuts because there cheap as chips i got my chassis for 1700 nzd running and driving.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I am guessing its an Altezza Jap import not an actual NZ new IS200?

From what i have seen most stuff is the same, the main difference is the running gear (I had the AS200 Gita before the AS300 Gita now). IS300 has a larger diff (IS200 is same as the RS200 though so if you are looking for LSD you can grab one of those), different trans, driveshaft and engine obviously. I have read the engine mounting is different as well, the 1GFE sits back further in the frame so not sure what effect that has on OEM suspension setup, i suspect just softer springs for the IS200 as most of the OEM KYB catalogue is the same for both and the same coilovers for both as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its deff a jap import but it is badged as a lexus same same . good to know about the diff etc . it unfortunately has the 1g in it but brought it knowingly i was going to engine swap with a Lexus v8 anyway . thanks for the diff tip mate

·
Registered
213 Posts
its deff a jap import but it is badged as a lexus same same . good to know about the diff etc . it unfortunately has the 1g in it but brought it knowingly i was going to engine swap with a Lexus v8 anyway . thanks for the diff tip mate
Ah I feel like the v8 swaps into is200s are becoming more and more common.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts