Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen White GS400s with the Chromed factory 17inch wheels and thought that color (White) with the chromed wheels really make the car stand out. Do any of you have the chromed factory 17inch wheels on the IS300? How do they look?
Eric....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by METRANCEJL:
I have them on my black IS300, and they look great! They really make my car stand out...
Wow..! Yeah I'm sure Chromed factory 17inch wheels on a Black IS300 looks sweeeeet! For some reason black on a IS300 looks so much better than black on a GS400..
Eric...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I've seen em on the blue and I particularly don't care for them. I saw them on graphite grey also with a spoiler and it looked great.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have got the chrome 17z on my SBM. It looks HOT!! but now... I wanna sell them though and buy some 19x8.5 Enkei Aegis (after seeing that auburn sky IS with the Tein Drop and 19in I have seen the light

Rich

·
Registered
511 Posts
Don't you think chrome wheels are kind of boy-racerish or even kind of pimpish? My friend just bought a car with chromed OZ's and he is desperate to get new wheels. He HATES them.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by S38:
Don't you think chrome wheels are kind of boy-racerish or even kind of pimpish? My friend just bought a car with chromed OZ's and he is desperate to get new wheels. He HATES them.
It depends on the wheel and the color of the car... as Brad mentioned earlier, he didn't like the BLUE car with the Chromed wheels and I agree with him....The Lexus 17inch wheels are beautiful and I think they look niced chromed (on certain colored cars that is)...
Eric...

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think the lexus 17z look really classy. no riceboy or pimped out look. they mot like KMC or those knock off rims or somethin?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are you guys talking about factory 17" wheels that you have had "chromed" by an aftermarket place or are you talking about the optional polished graphite wheels?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by IS300fan:
Are you guys talking about factory 17" wheels that you have had "chromed" by an aftermarket place or are you talking about the optional polished graphite wheels?
No, I'm not talking about the polished graphite wheels. The chromed factory 17inch rims are available at the dealership....
Eric....

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited September 26, 2000).]

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by IS300fan:
So it is not a factory option but a dealer installed option?

How much does it cost extra?
The factory wheels are the 16inch all seasons, 17inch standard, and 17inch polished graphite.... The 17inch Chromed wheels (same design as standard 17inch wheel) is a dealer install option... I'm not sure of the cost, but I'm assuming they are more expensive than the polished graphite wheels..
Eric....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Chrome is usually put on in states like California, where the environmental laws are not as tight as Vermont. It is a nasty process. You need to strip the wheel and then polish it before you can chrome it. Most wheel shops will charge you about $200 per wheel to chrome your wheels. You can pay $800 bucks and have your wheels laid up for 2-4 weeks. There may be freight costs. If the shop does consistent business with the plant, they are probably getting a price around $100 per wheel. The shop doubles the price because the math is easy and they have to deal with the punk or engineer that is going to go over them with a microscope. The shop will generally give the same price to the dealer. The Dealer then doubles it. $1600. The really good shops create a rolling inventory or exchange program for the dealer. This is a great benefit to the dealership. Some plants will give the wholesale price for anyone doing say 8 sets.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'll post some pics soon... I also have my windows tinted... It only cost me $625.00 for chrome 17inch IS300 wheels... Someone had ordered them and by the time they came in they decided they didn't want them...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
9 Participants
rarjoon
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing