Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've waited SOOO long and I finally got my shot at one of these last night. I'm sittin at a light on like an 11 mile straightaway on my way home from out of town, and I see 3 different pairs of HIDs blazing at me from behind in all three lanes. They stopped couple of cars behind me and started talking to each other. My music's off, windows down and all of the sudden a black 330ci (coupe) pulls beside me and asks me if I had any "work" done. I revved my engine and said "listen for yourself". Then he said, "I just got raped by that S4 and M3 behind us, so you wanna go?" I'm laughed and said why not.

Light turns (long a** light BTW), I launched out a half car...hit 2nd and held him...half way through 3rd gear and we're dead even...hit 4th and he was a whole car length ahead...then I let off trying to save face (doing around 100mph). I was a little disappointed, but hey. After slowing down, the M3 and S4 shoot past and I started thinking to myself, it's times like this when it really sucks being at the bottom of the ranks... :rolleyes:

Reactions: tucsoncajun

·
Registered
387 Posts
IZZY RICH said:
all of the sudden a black 330ci (coupe) pulls beside me and asks me if I had any "work" done. I revved my engine and said "listen for yourself".
hAHAHAH...Yeah our cars pretty much stock cant really beat the 330ci ..car pulls hard..I've raced my friend in a 330Ci and hes a crappy driver and still beat me by a car length..

·
Registered
100 Posts
naphibuzz said:
hAHAHAH...Yeah our cars pretty much stock cant really beat the 330ci ..car pulls hard..I've raced my friend in a 330Ci and hes a crappy driver and still beat me by a car length..
That's when you know your car's slow - when you lose to a godforsaken 330ci .. congrats on losing to the grociery getter of BMW

·
Registered
68 Posts
Fishey said:
That's when you know your car's slow - when you lose to a godforsaken 330ci .. congrats on losing to the grociery getter of BMW
I think you mean the 325i. The 330i has more hp than our cars, so it's no wonder. But yea our glory days are over :( . Now all we can do is put xxxk miles on our cars reliably. :cool:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
IZZY RICH said:
I've waited SOOO long and I finally got my shot at one of these last night. I'm sittin at a light on like an 11 mile straightaway on my way home from out of town, and I see 3 different pairs of HIDs blazing at me from behind in all three lanes. They stopped couple of cars behind me and started talking to each other. My music's off, windows down and all of the sudden a black 330ci (coupe) pulls beside me and asks me if I had any "work" done. I revved my engine and said "listen for yourself". Then he said, "I just got raped by that S4 and M3 behind us, so you wanna go?" I'm laughed and said why not.

Light turns (long a** light BTW), I launched out a half car...hit 2nd and held him...half way through 3rd gear and we're dead even...hit 4th and he was a whole car length ahead...then I let off trying to save face (doing around 100mph). I was a little disappointed, but hey. After slowing down, the M3 and S4 shoot past and I started thinking to myself, it's times like this when it really sucks being at the bottom of the ranks... :rolleyes:
Dude no way you had him by a half car lenght from a stop. 330Ci's do 0-60 in about 6.2 seconds or so, your IS does it in like 7.3 or whatever, unless you are modded. Back in the days, i remember my friend racing a 330Ci from a stop and he got smoked all the way till like 80 when they shut down. Maybe he fell asleep, while you took off.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't forget driver abilities, who nows how the other guy drives. Driver acounts for most of the wins by close machines.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I just don't see how all these ppl on here think they are beating 330ci's when they are pretty much stock... i'm just not gonna say anytihng. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the101dragons said:
Don't forget driver abilities, who nows how the other guy drives. Driver acounts for most of the wins by close machines.
Thank you ;)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill_IS said:
I just don't see how all these ppl on here think they are beating 330ci's when they are pretty much stock... i'm just not gonna say anytihng. :rolleyes:
I was 99% sure I was gonna lose. He was an automatic though, and the auto 330ci's do around 14.9s. I was hoping I could get out the gate and keep it close, which I did b/c he hardly even broke tire when he launched. Hey, just thinking of the possibilities, ya know.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
IZZY RICH said:
I was 99% sure I was gonna lose. He was an automatic though, and the auto 330ci's do around 14.9s. I was hoping I could get out the gate and keep it close, which I did b/c he hardly even broke tire when he launched. Hey, just thinking of the possibilities, ya know.

So you're stock, he's stock, you're auto and he's auto and you kicked his ass ? Then he sucks at driving.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gucci said:
So you're stock, he's stock, you're auto and he's auto and you kicked his ass ? Then he sucks at driving.
I'm manual. And my grandmother could have a faster reaction time than this guy. Don't say that he was playing w/ me either, cuz I heard his engine was revving just as high as mine as we were waiting for the light to turn. So, yeah needs to work on that, especially if he's gonna be pulling up on ppl and putting them on the spot like he did me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm not sure if I did it right, but I +rep'd you for posting a loss. I recently had a short run with a friend in his 04 5 speed 330i. We were dead even from about 30-75. I was really suprised. I was one of the folks who thought an IS couldn't hang with a 330. I know driver skill might have played a part in it though.

Nice death.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AZ.IS300 said:
I'm not sure if I did it right, but I +rep'd you for posting a loss. I recently had a short run with a friend in his 04 5 speed 330i. We were dead even from about 30-75. I was really suprised. I was one of the folks who thought an IS couldn't hang with a 330. I know driver skill might have played a part in it though.

Nice death.
Thanks bro! I have no idea how that works, so I think it's a good idea that I look into it right now to play fair. I didn't even know what it meant when I saw it in other threads, until now. I can be pretty dense sometimes,lol. Oh and I believe you about your run w/ your friend's Bimmer. We don't get walked as badly as we picture it. :p

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
Fishey said:
your a fucking idiot dude.

really :pissed:

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeeeah a 330ci is out of a nonboosted IS' league. NA ISs are more 325 territory. and if youre callin a 330ci a grocerygetter, than what is an IS? considering they are considerably slower than a 330ci.

·
Registered
100 Posts
UGotLeft said:
yeeeah a 330ci is out of a nonboosted IS' league. NA ISs are more 325 territory. and if youre callin a 330ci a grocerygetter, than what is an IS? considering they are considerably slower than a 330ci.
Obviously its really freaking slow as you have pointed out yourself..

·
Registered
323 Posts
:chill: what are you guys talking about, he's far from stock... he must have 250 horse with coilovers

·
Registered
94 Posts
theformat26 said:
:chill: what are you guys talking about, he's far from stock... he must have 250 horse with coilovers
i think youre underestimating those coilovers. they probly give him at least 250 to the WHEELS ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Ok.

IS300 is slower than 330Ci.

Thank You.

·
Registered
100 Posts
theformat26 said:

This a comment towards me?

If so LOL...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts