Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys ... I was doing some research on subs/amps today , and someone (an IS owner) bought something up that I hadn't ever thought of ..... he said that the trunks of our IS's are very well sealed , so a lot of sound doesn't get through when you add a system (or something like that)

Do you guys know anything about this ? I have 2 10s ready to go, but due to his comment , I am contemplating whether the 'bump' will be sufficient.

Post your comments here. Thanks

·
Registered
975 Posts
CrownRoyal said:
Guys ... I was doing some research on subs/amps today , and someone (an IS owner) bought something up that I hadn't ever thought of ..... he said that the trunks of our IS's are very well sealed , so a lot of sound doesn't get through when you add a system (or something like that)

Do you guys know anything about this ? I have 2 10s ready to go, but due to his comment , I am contemplating whether the 'bump' will be sufficient.

Post your comments here. Thanks
By "ready to go", what do you mean? If they are ready to go, give them a go and see if the "bump" is good enough for "you" - because everyone is different.

If it's not good enough, try it with your ski pass opened. People say it helps.

Or, what I did from the start, was remove the 6X9s. Since I never played it with the 6X9s, I can't comment if there was a difference.

Or, remove the 6X9s and open the ski pass.

And finally, try aiming and placing the subs in different location in your trunk.

The model sub you choose and the amp to power it will of course also determine the loudness of your system.

I only have 1 10", and I am more than satisfied!! But that's just me :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By 'ready to go' meant that I had em ready to be installed lol :-D

Anyways, Ive exchange the 2 10s for a pair of 12s....

my other concern was that stupid hump on the trunk floor, and how the ski pass sticks out from the back seat, preventing me from pushing the box all the way to back :cry: :x

·
Registered
975 Posts
CrownRoyal said:
By 'ready to go' meant that I had em ready to be installed lol :-D

Anyways, Ive exchange the 2 10s for a pair of 12s....

my other concern was that stupid hump on the trunk floor, and how the ski pass sticks out from the back seat, preventing me from pushing the box all the way to back :cry: :x
It's a sinch to remove that cover.

For the hump, simply put feet underneath your box.

Today, I built a little box and put it under the back end of the sub box. I built the end walls of the little box higher than the longer sides so the sub box fits in between them. This way sub box won't slide around. The front end of the box sits on that hump. My box is only 0.5 cubic feet, so it's pretty stable on that hump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts