Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just got my car back from the repair shop and they got me new fogs.. what i realized is that my old ones the ball inside was yellow (i still ahve the old ones with me). but the new ones they put on my car have the clear bulb... but these arent the jdm ones! they dont have the lines goign across.. im confused..

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
some of the years didn't come with the yellow film. It's a common misconception when people think the clear ones are only JDM. I forget what years, but some of the OEM IS's came with clear fogs.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really... i kind of liked the yellow.. should i jsut get yellow bulbs? the bulbs that are on it now arent even white/clear its like a fainted yellow.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
you could try getting a 3000K HID kit that will emit a yellow light.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Id go with the 3k hid kit like B is300 said. If you dont have the money i ordered some nokya yellow bulbs on ebay for a friend and they look great.

·
Registered
250 Posts
thats pretty... black housing..

·
Registered
703 Posts
some of the years didn't come with the yellow film. It's a common misconception when people think the clear ones are only JDM. I forget what years, but some of the OEM IS's came with clear fogs.

What years would that be?

My 01 had them, I have never seen a US spec IS300 w/o yellow fogs (unless they had a JDM swapped set in) or a DIY job

:suspiciou

Just curious

·
Registered
941 Posts
My IS had clear fogs from factory, but replaced with the 3K hid kit in yellow.

Btw, its an 03, canadian model though if that matters.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Those are some nice fogs. If you want yellow lenses I’m sure you could find someone on here that is willing to trade you.

·
Registered
887 Posts
My IS had clear fogs from factory, but replaced with the 3K hid kit in yellow.

Btw, its an 03, canadian model though if that matters.
Yes it seems that Canadian IS300 have clear fogs.... and i like it this way.. i just put 6000k HID into :)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
My guess is... they are aftermarket, made by DEPO or something. I think the clear fogs are pimp, I have them on my car. (I modified the yellows to clear) If it bugs you that much, I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here, willing to trade. You'll probably even find somebody local.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Kind of like the way those look.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I always thought about getting clear fogs, but sometimes I like the yellow because it is unique to the is300. I would be happy with either one.. I love the housing of these fogs though.. jsut need either yellow and white bulbs or hid.. right now when i turn them on its like a fainted fainted yellow.. any suggestion in HIDs? Im going to check to see if the bulbs are different soon.

LMK some suggestions on bulbs or HIDS.. pics would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The grass is always greener on the other side. :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
I always thought about getting clear fogs, but sometimes I like the yellow because it is unique to the is300. I would be happy with either one.. I love the housing of these fogs though.. jsut need either yellow and white bulbs or hid.. right now when i turn them on its like a fainted fainted yellow.. any suggestion in HIDs? Im going to check to see if the bulbs are different soon.

LMK some suggestions on bulbs or HIDS.. pics would be appreciated as well.
EBay for a HID kit unless you want really good ones

Pay to play

1 - 20 of 37 Posts