1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
Yep, looks like the JDM double din to me....I wasn't aware that it was limited though. I just thought it was $$$$

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
nigel sells these also... i think?

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Not limited. And that is also over priced. Aren't they suppose to be around $50?????

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well it may be authentic, but that seller is full of crap he thinks its limited.

L-Tuned Parts; Double Din Face Plate

You'll like how this looks in your car; I have it and if you didn't know any better, you wouldn't think that my headunit wasn't there to begin with.

·
Registered
601 Posts
the JDM is alot nicer, IMO...

circuit city sells a DIY one sort of, by a company called METRA, I believe.. doesnt look as good, a few people said u have to modify it if your double din is motorized...

edit: I'm not COMPLETELY sure, but I believe the JDM piece has the button & the cubby hole switched around...

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
The ebay one IS the JDM one in this case, as is the L-Tune. And yes, there is only slot for one button and a cubby hole. Check the audio sticky for modding ideas on how to incorporate 3 buttons into the JDM or reallocate two of the buttons to the coin holder on driver left. Metra one doesn't look as nice, and there is a new one that was mentioned from a few days ago that is for now unknown. FYI the JDM is not an exact colour match either as the colour tone is slightly off.

·
Maverick
1,511 Posts
Yes, that is the JDM piece that is on that eBay listing and in the L-tuned listing.

I have it as well, and I located the heater seat controls to the coin holders.
The colour, as Johnnysks says, is *slightly* off. Most people won't notice, but us Lexus IS'ers likely could see a slight difference. However, the texture is the same as the surrounding dash, and the rolled inner edges, while they do present a miniscule gap around the faceplate of your stereo, do indeed allow the motorized faceplate to move in and out.

M

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
I used weather stripping to seal that slight gap. :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yea i just purchased one from L-tuned, its def the best looking one. Other threads with pictures show it. It blends perfectly with the other plastics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts