Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came home to realize that some f*cker just scratched my rear bumper! It has been about a week and half since I have gotten my car back from the body shop to replace the rear bumper after being rear ended. Now I come home to this surprise. I also have a dent, and I saw that the day after I got it back from the body shop. Does this scratch look more like it was keyed or by accident somehow? :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
did u backed into something? :-?

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
No one keyed you... Cause if they did, they probably wouldn't bend over to scratch that part of your back bumper. Looks like you were parked and while you were gone, some focker next to you pulled out/in and scratched. Not sure but just a thought.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lil' IS 300 said:
No one keyed you... Cause if they did, they probably wouldn't bend over to scratch that part of your back bumper. Looks like you were parked and while you were gone, some focker next to you pulled out/in and scratched. Not sure but just a thought.
Thats what I am thinking too. Since it is a deep scratch, can it be fixed without replacing or repainting the whole bumper?

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
lil' IS 300 said:
Thats what I am thinking too. Since it is a deep scratch, can it be fixed without replacing or repainting the whole bumper?
Bring it to a body shop and see what they can do. When some asshole did a hit and run on me, I thought my Neo front bumper would have to be painted...or even worse, replaced. They managed to buff out all the scratches (luckily they weren't deep...just on surface) and actually fix the bumper for a great price. They saved it for me. Only cost me $150 but the people who work there are cool and always give me good deals. Bring it over to a shop and see if they can get it out...but from the looks of it, you'll probably have to repaint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts