Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Gas Rim

I recently posted about an odd oil leak I have seaping up out of my intake gasket where the head meets the runners . Everyone kept mentioning valve covers and such but they are all good. I got the intake off to find oil seeping out and the entire side of the engine has been building it up for years . My question is , should oil be in these valleys ? I see that the intake manifold blocks off those valleys between the runners but the intake seal has cutouts for these valleys , I'm guessing to keep oil from seeping . I've done compression tests and I've had no signs of a bad head gasket . So could it simply be the intake gasket ??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay so I've just gotten an idea . Everyone keeps saying valve cover gasket , is it possible that because it leaked for so long that even though I replaced the new valve cover gasket . Oil has been seeping and collecting through the intake gasket and into those valleys and just sitting there ? It has no where to go so it's just leaking out of the intake gasket ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds pretty reasonable. The oil is all over the side of the block too, so it’s been leaking awhile.

Those intake ports are pretty coked up too. How many miles she got? Does your engine have a lot of blow-by? Maybe time for a new pcv setup or a catch can.
She has 237k miles. Ive replaced a long list of parts since this was originally a timing belt and water pump job . I am thinking about seafoaming the cylinders and what not . I'm just glad something finally makes sense. She runs like a champ though .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts