Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
IMO.........Hmmmmmm :jawDrop:

:confused: That is just WRONG :confused:

What the hell was that person thinking when they decided to make that hideous looking IS. If you have the money to waste on a full carbon fiber body kit and a shitty looking hood wouldn't you atleast paint the frigen thing. This person is going down as a MORON in my book!!!!

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
No. Reminds me of these ricers with civics and can't afford to paint their Ebay body-kits.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
uhh...HondaSchmonda car is similar to this, its not all that bad. if hes still goin down this road, hes gonna do CF front and rear bumper and then his will look just like that. hope he doesnt mind me usin some of his pics:

I like it, its different

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I don't know, maybe if it was a racecar. Not for the street, just my opinion.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I like how HondaSchmonda's car looks too he didn't go over board like the other guy did. I dont think i could let anyone i know personally do that to their car lol

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
the contrast is too crazy. had he done it on a BO or a GGP it wouldn't have been that bad. Ugly hood IMO tho. An OEM style hood would have been better. As for honda's car, it looks better because all the pieces done are clustered to gether and there isn't like a random trunk in cf. but he also has gunmetal wheels to go with everything and so on. IDK

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
i like everything except the black fenders. maybe if the car was blue or some other color it would match better

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
the ebay guy needs the carbon doors and roof as well, that way it will look like it got rear ended instead of looking like he ran into something.i say carbon is meant to be hidden or used as an accent, not a centerpiece. my car is BO and if i ever got a carbon hood, i would paint it like this (obviously in black tho):

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I think if your going to do that much carbon fiber paint your car black or something to help blend it in!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Anything more than a carbon hood or lip alone really just looks like crap... This thread proves this.
Not entitrely true, there are many cars out there that have carbon fiber hoods and trunks and stuff like that. I dont think that it is the amount of carbon fiber that you use that determines whether it looks good or not, its how well you blend the carbon fiber with the paint and body lines of the car.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Not entitrely true, there are many cars out there that have carbon fiber hoods and trunks and stuff like that. I dont think that it is the amount of carbon fiber that you use that determines whether it looks good or not, its how well you blend the carbon fiber with the paint and body lines of the car.
That's your opinion, I was just sharing mine... If the car is black it won't be noticeable, but it still won't look as good as if it were all painted. To be honest I think unpainted carbon only looks good in very small amounts, and on a very select few cars. But things like carbon bumpers and fenders really look horrible to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if your gonna paint the carbon might as well buy fiberglass or urethane for a lot cheaper price just my opinion i have apr carbon mirrors and carbon fiber grill but my IS is black id like to get a carbon hood and front lip also

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just think it looks bad because it is white. I think if someone did that on a BO it would look decent with the unpainted carbon parts. Thats just my opinion though.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
fugly!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts