Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't exactly remember the MSRP of the car that I was quoted on. But the car is Silver with Black. It has the Leather Pkg., Moonroof, Wheel locks and the Trunk Mat.

I belive the MSRP was somewhere around $34,200.00 and I was quoted $31,917.00. Is that a fair price? The car had 2 miles on it when I first drove it. And of course it had 12 miles on it when I finished my test drive. The salesman tryed to get me to drive the car fast and hard, but I did not. I told him that I would break the car in gently like I have done with all my cars. He told me that I did not need to baby it, but I did anyway.

Now when I drove one of the demos, I hauled some serious ass in that car. I loved it and the stereo JAMS!

I hate the lack of a real armrest. I'm wondering if I should wait for a 2002 IS300 or if Lexus is going to come out with a retrofit for the 2001 armrest dilema. Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm a young guy also, but I would like an armrest.

I LOVE THE CAR! I hate all the people with aftermarket cheesey looking replica tail-lights. I see them on civics, mustangs, preludes, camaros and believe it or not I saw some on a chevy-tow-truck. Nevertheless, that will not stop me from buying the car.

I am going out of town for a few days and the dealer has agreed to hold the car for me until I get back and he guaranteed me that no one would drive the car.

I also told him that I may want a car with the Limited Slip option(by the way, what will limited slip do for me?). He said that he would give me a deal at a little over 2k over invoice if I wanted to wait for one.

I currently drive a 2000 BMW 323Ci and a 2000 Honda Prelude. I am replacing the BMW, even though I will miss the Dynamic Stability Control and the 5-speed.

Is that a good deal? Or should I try to get a better deal? What would you do?

·
8,107 Posts
Why are you replacing the BMW? That price is not so good it's worth buying right away. I'd wait to see what the 2002 model has, they might announce that this winter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
CHASE,
What dealership did you go to in Houston, Westside or Sterling?

You already have two awesome/new cars, I think you could wait for the 2002 models to come out. I'm trying to get a group buy for us Houston people...drop me an email: [email protected]

Peace

------------------
MJ 300

2002 Models please come!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
JR300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing