Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local dealer has offered me a 2008 Obsidian (Black on Black) for $33,785. That would be before tax and tags.

This would be an AWD with shiftable automatic.

Available package:
--Bi Xenon HID headlamps with Adaptive Front Lights
--Premium package
--All weather carpeted floor mats, trunk mat/wheel locks/cargo net

Correct me if my math is wrong:
MSRP: $36,785

Offer: $3,000 off - so that makes it $33.7k

PA State taxes, 6%: $2,027 (That would be the amount before the down payment and trade in. $1,247 if this amount is after the down payment/trade in)

Down payment: - $5,000

Trade in value: - $8,000

Amount to be financed: $22,812 (or $22,032)

Monthly payment: $612 if 36 month, $367 if 60 month.

What are your opinions on this offer? Should I look elsewhere? Does this look good? According to Edmunds it looks to be decent, but I'm not sure. When do the '09s come out? (If I wait a few months, will it make a drastic difference? Or will the "December to Remember offer of $3000 off MSRP disappear?)

I have been debating this for a while now, and I have to make a decision by tomorrow. My schedule is going to be way too hectic come next week, so if I'm going to do this, I have to pull the trigger this weekend. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to put a deposit down Friday and fill out the remaining paperwork on Saturday morning. If this isn't a very good deal and you think I can do better elsewhere (keeping in mind this is the only Lexus dealer in the general area) then I will hold off.

Let me know what you all think... I am also considering an '07 BMW 328xi, but the Lexus is in the lead. It's either a Montego Blue 328XI, or an Obsidian IS250. Either way, I keep finding myself wanting something with AWD.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure what the market is like for the car there but the IS250 with RWD is going for over 5K under MSRP in CA with some haggling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what the market is like for the car there but the IS250 with RWD is going for over 5K under MSRP in CA with some haggling.
The market for AWD is in demand between PA/NY/NJ... I don't see too any IS250s around, but if I do it's the AWD model..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts