Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres the plan. i buy the twin turbo supra manifolds and turbos, a nice intercooler, some piping, a blow off valve, a vortech sfmu, a boost controller and fab up a kit for my 5spd out of that?

any concers, comments, tips?

·
Registered
994 Posts
i dont think it'll fit

i think this topic has been discussed before but leme do a search

IS300GTE said:
by the way, it takes much more than a turbo and an exhaust manifold (i'm assuming you are trying to buy someones used kit for 2 grand, and thinking thats all its going to be?) ... anyways as i was saying, it takes a lot more than that to turbocharge a car, especially if you are going "to have some big hp soon" . that implies a decent sized turbo, and even more mods. you won't have jack beyond 340 to 350rwhp unless you pull the head off of the car, AT LEAST, time for you to do some reading son. anyways, to answer your question, the port spacing on the head, and the stud/bolt spacing is different. it would take more work to try and cut and weld and remodify the manifold, then it would to make an entire new one. you probably couldn't even cut and weld the old one without making it a total hack job.

-gte
http://is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13313984&highlight=supra+manifold

·
Registered
426 Posts
No it will not work. Also, if you had ever pulled the stock twins off of a Supra to do a single conversion, you would know that there are about 345,564,345.6789675 vacuum lines on that stock system to make the twins work that you wouldn't even want to start trying to mess with. Not to mention the exhaust manifold stud pattern on the GTE head is different for the GE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts