Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'd highly recommend some poly bushings - mine made a huge difference. Some nice coilovers as well and it'd handle great.
Ive done the poly bushings. Im sticking to Bilstiens because they may only drop 1". I run 225/45r17s, with an HKS Drager exhaust, and authentic front TRD lip. Dont wanna rub anymore than I have too

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you're on Facebook, check out the Lexus IS300 Owners group. Chan Lee posted a base tune on a bone stock manual swapped 01'. It made 214whp/227wtq (around 240hp/250tq flywheel) with basic timing and fueling done. They could have got more with cams and extra time.

The 2JZGE pretty much does have one between the throttle body and the intake manifold, made out of rubber. I'm not sure if it does much but dampen some movement of the air intake tube.

I have a one piece steel driveshaft that made a difference in repsonse. It also was made with rebuildable u-joints.
Finally found the link and wanted to bump this up for debate. Looks like he used the BASE MAP that comes on the Xcessive/Panic standalone, which is amazing.

YouTube link of dyno:

In the same boat as the OP. In CA and want more power!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts