Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whys is the stock exhaust so damn silent? is there a way i can make it louder w/o getting new one? take out resignator? something? anything? please? :cry:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
crap...just realized i posted in the wrong forum :cry: :cry: :cry: is there a way i can move this or iono...sorry about that...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
well you can change the b-pipe, where the resonator is, along with changing the y-pipe (XERD rae pipe) or getting a new header. that will quickly get your car rumbling...It did to mine and now the Carbon -Ti is just straight NASTY!!!! You can also get the SRT which will definitely increase the car....

but the last way is to open up your muffler (you'll have to saw it apart) and take out all the interior deadening material, or as one older member did...pour some gasoline in and toss a match in. BTW I highly advise NOT to try that last method

·
10,234 Posts
wanna get ghetto?

if you wanna do it cheap and fast, but dont say u got this from me, its ghetto but in my personal view get a new exhaust, but if now get a 9mm shoot a hole right threw the muffler haha

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Re: wanna get ghetto?

Eminence said:
if you wanna do it cheap and fast, but dont say u got this from me, its ghetto but in my personal view get a new exhaust, but if now get a 9mm shoot a hole right threw the muffler haha
A 9mm! ghettoblaster :lol: drilling holes also works if you just want it to be loud..

·
Registered
535 Posts

yeah, drill a hole in ur muffler,
that would be real loud
soundsl ike a porsche :lol:

·
Registered
535 Posts
DonCorleone said:
just get the xerd racepipe and enjoy the extra horsepower that comes with the nice sounds...

or be ghetto and burn a cd of a blow off valve and pretend your car is turboed.
I have never thought of that, burn a cd of blow off valve
great idea !!! :lol:
have to try that one... haha

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
calcal said:
what? how about the blow-off noise generator with the speaker that goes in your engine bay?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
add xerd race pipe & Dt motorwerks B' pipe & it will be quite a bit louder...!!
prolly still sound RAD tho...

i'm swapping the stock exh back on & i have bothe pipes & a SRT intake, so i will be interested to see how it sounds....

edG.

edgy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
just take it all off and run on your stock headers that will be LOUD. :D

·
15,322 Posts
calcal said:
DonCorleone said:
just get the xerd racepipe and enjoy the extra horsepower that comes with the nice sounds...

or be ghetto and burn a cd of a blow off valve and pretend your car is turboed.
works better than going WHOOSH with your mouth, i lost my voice a few times cus of that... :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
DonCorleone
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing