Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Did you guys have to move the wire harness out of the way? I can see that's it's in the way of the valve cover bolts.
The main engine harness that wraps around the front? No, you don't need to, only disconnect the few sensors on the exhaust side and remove their support clips. Be very careful not to break them because they are very brittle. Basically you take the Y-pipe off from the intake plenum, 4 12mm bolts, 2 10mm nuts, disconnect all the vacuum lines and clips from Y-Pipe and TB, remove the coolant lines to the TB and TB itself(you don't have to fully remove the TB, just move it to to the side. If you don't put a dab of silicone sealant on the front corners of the valve cover where it goes over the cam cap, it will leak there. Put some over the cam seals, the FSM shows the specific locations. Remember to tighten to only 75"/lbs and you'll be good to go. But to help answer your question, make sure to have a 10mm short socket with a swivel or swivel box wrench and you will not have to touch the engine harness. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The main engine harness that wraps around the front? No, you don't need to, only disconnect the few sensors on the exhaust side and remove their support clips. Be very careful not to break them because they are very brittle. Basically you take the Y-pipe off from the intake plenum, 4 12mm bolts, 2 10mm nuts, disconnect all the vacuum lines and clips from Y-Pipe and TB, remove the coolant lines to the TB and TB itself(you don't have to fully remove the TB, just move it to to the side. If you don't put a dab of silicone sealant on the front corners of the valve cover where it goes over the cam cap, it will leak there. Put some over the cam seals, the FSM shows the specific locations. Remember to tighten to only 75"/lbs and you'll be good to go. But to help answer your question, make sure to have a 10mm short socket with a swivel or swivel box wrench and you will not have to touch the engine harness. Hope this helps...
Thanks Jason. My main concern was being able to torque the bolts and nuts down with the engine harness in the way. I think I'll be able to move it around a bit a make room.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

41 - 44 of 44 Posts