Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Unless something has changed for '04, all of the trim is always ecsaine...it's the seats that are either full leather, or leather on the sides, ecsaine in the middle.

As for which is better...what do you mean by better? They both serve the purpose of holding your ass.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
full leather is more expensive cause it comes with more options in that package

i'd prefer the leather/ecsaine over full leather just cause i think it looks better, i have full leather though

·
Registered
422 Posts
IMO the leather/escaine is more sporty and more comfortable... not to mention it looks way better 8)

·
Registered
422 Posts
IMO the leather/escaine is more sporty and more comfortable... not to mention it looks way better 8)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Inochi3 said:
full leather is more expensive cause it comes with more options in that package

i'd prefer the leather/ecsaine over full leather just cause i think it looks better, i have full leather though
it doesn't come with more options...they just charge you more for the full leather. i prefer the ecsaine. It doesn't get too hot in the summer like the leather in my wife's car, and it doesn't get too cold in the winter. The ecsaine should hold up a little better than the leather too. Now if they put the same kind of leather interior that the put in the LS 430, then I'd definitely go full leather.

·
8,880 Posts
Leather/Ecsane is the way to go. Full leather just looks cheap, IMO.
I gave up on the SD idea because it was N/A with leather/ecsane.

Did I mention ecsaine keeps you in your seat during those tight turns?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I personally thought the leather w/ escaine looks cheap. I like the full leather look. But, you shouldn't let anyone tell which one is better, you can make that decision on your own.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Escaine is the bomb

the escaine on the seats helps you to stick a little better when you are taking corners at 50 mph. If you have just leather, then you slid around more, making it harder to drive unless you add some racing seatbelts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought the full leather b/c the ecsaine looks cheap to me also. Especially cheap in black. Full leather looks more complete and natural. To be honest I was going to go with the ecsaine until I saw it first hand. Either way I am sure there both nice, just up to your personal preference.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just head to the dealer to compare both of them and decide for yourself.

Personally I wanted full leather, but it was a pain to locate a full leather manual. I got the ecsaine and personally I like it a lot more than full leather now. Like most said, it's not too hot in the summer, not too cold in the winter and it really grips you really well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts