Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new IS300 today and on the way home, I felt that the ride wasn't too smooth, but a bit jumpy/bouncy, similar to my 95 Accord. Is this normal, even on roads that are relatively free from cracks & potholes?

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
It's a stiffer suspension, allowing you to feel the road better. Although I wouldn't necessarily compare it to a '95 Accord...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You need to provide us w/more info. Did the Accord have an aftermarket suspension? Did it have plus-1, or plus-2 wheel sizes?

Does the IS have the 17 inch wheel package or does it have the 16s?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Risk3233:
You need to provide us w/more info. Did the Accord have an aftermarket suspension? Did it have plus-1, or plus-2 wheel sizes?

Does the IS have the 17 inch wheel package or does it have the 16s?
I have the 17 inch wheels for the IS, and the 95 Accord was all stock. I test drove a different IS last week, but it was only on city streets and I didn't remember it being too bouncy. It was only when I was driving back home on the freeway that I noticed this slight wobbling motion. I should probably get it checked by the dealer. Just wanted to know if I was imagining things or not.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by webguyIS:
It's a stiffer suspension, allowing you to feel the road better. Although I wouldn't necessarily compare it to a '95 Accord...
The only problem was that even on smooth roads, I could feel a very slight wobbly motion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts