Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I can get in trouble with it ? I live in mass, and I know some of my friends get pulled over for there exhaust, all honda's though ! I saw an add on the back of super street saying that they are all below the max DB's for street use. does this mean that I can use it and still pass inspection ? Im not sure if anybody knows about MASS or not. But any info would help. Also, Does it come with anything saying that it is not to loud ?

Thanks. :eek:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I have the GReddy EVO cat-back with nothing else and it's throaty and noticable, but not too loud. In fact, I've had a friend drive my car and I was following behind him and the car was much quieter outside that I had thought it would be. Nothing louder than a mustang might sound like getting on it.

You should be fine. Did your Honda friends pull out cats and do race-pipes and headers? If you think you'll ever want to do that, you might want to look into a quieter exhaust like the L-Tuned or something. I have heard L-Tuned with Toyomoto midpipe and header and it sounded near what the EVO sounds like just with the cat-back.

So get it! It's awesome! If you do heavy breathing mods like a header or pipe, you'll be breaking glass though and people will hear you coming around the corner 3 blocks away... It's so loud it's sick :crazy:

By itself, it's mean :D

·
Master Troll
468 Posts
i have an evo too, and its nice and rumbly, but no, it isn't too loud.

shxt, the borla (i think?) exhaust my brother has on his WRX is hella loud without the silencer, and even with the silencer is louder than my evo. he commented in my car that he thought it'd be louder. maybe i just need some headers :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
ya its legal at IDEL !!!

keep that in mind... if u bone out ... it increases the sound tone, so beware in speed traps, and cop infested areas... because even tho it is legal , if u are reving ur engine or flooring , and a cop is near or can hear it, he could harrass u a bit, or even give u a fix it ticket

but usually cops dont mind that much unless he is a total dick.. but keep the " its legal paper" in ur glove box just in case

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got my Greddy Evo and Injen Intake installed 3 days ago. The sound right now to me is "just right". The tone is smooth and deep and it's not really that loud at all, but definitely noticable. I know it going to be a totally different story if there's a header installed as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.