Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thumbing the idea of getting into an is300 but not if its a lev......too many restrictions for what i want to do.....anyone know if the 01-03 are lev.....lexus.com says 04 is....

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
they are all Low Emissions Vehicles.

And what do you want to do that LEV is going to make that much of a difference anyway? If you do a serious engine mod, i HIGHLY doubt LEV is going to stand in you way in terms of power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i got a 2001 civic cuz i like the body style and was gonna build a force fed beast (well, not really.....i wanted a bit over 230 hp) but with the ulev badge and the returnless fuel system.....it makes it difficult to do much with fi and i keep running into walls....just seems to me that the next logical step is to cut my losses, research the is3 and make sure i wont run into any restrictions later.....id like to get 300hp out of the i6 so i can have a 300is300....but i dont know much about them.
has anyone run into problems with mods not responding well or limited mods available....id like a slightly more elite car and i love the looks of the is3 (m3's are a bit much for my wallet) but i dont want to have another "limited potential" civic without a complete motor swap!
:-?

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
there are quite a few IS3 members that have force fed beast.
wxman, freelance, etc... they are boosted. you might want to talk to them.
Oh, and the hp is in the 400 range. So the IS is a potential 400+IS300 :wink: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts